Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called my dealer today to ask how to go about getting a gun transfered from CDNN, after the conversation he asked me what i was looking for and told him a P99. He told me CDNN would probaly the only ones that had them since they were discontinued and that he had some glocks I could look at that he would sell me instead. Any truth to the P99 being discontinued, or was my dealer trying to keep me from buying a gun from someone else and buy a glock from him. Also what is the big deal with Glocks, why do so many dealers try to push them to customers when they're clearly not interested in them.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
A wise saying I heard once was "never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance." That may not be the case here, but it makes me feel better about people in general.

Maybe your dealer actually believes that line. The S&W version (SW99) is discontinued I believe (not sure).

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
NO, they are not discontinued. As said above, the SW99 was discontinued - and now replaced with the SW990L - which is essentially a QA version of the P99 now.

The P99 QAs are everywhere. The P99 A/S WAS discontinued from importation in the fall of 2005. They started up again in the Spring of 2006. So, the A/S is available in limited numbers. The QA's were never stopped from importation.

So, he has his info wrong, sorry.

And, the P99 is much better than the Glock. and, I own both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts