Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having someone order me the Walther P99as(9mm 2004). I want to make sure I know what to expect. When I get the walther what should it come with? Two mags, 3 backstraps,extra sights, manual?

This is going to be a new walther, and I don't want to be missing anything and not realize it untill I get home. Do all of the new walther's come with these items and should I expect to get the Hi-cap mags with it?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It should come with 2 mags, 2 extra back straps (total of 3 counting the medium on the pistol), 3 extra front sites, yellow mag take down tool, front site screw removal tool, manual, test target, warranty card, gun lock and fired case.

Now whether it comes with Hi-caps or not needs to be made clear from the seller before you buy. He may be getting it from old stock that doesn't have the hi-caps in it.

James

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had a hard time find any dealers that had the P99AS 9mm with the 15-rd factory magazines. Most of them had "older" stock with the 10-rd mags. And since Walther America is going to stop importing the AS models, if that's what you're looking for it's not likely to get any better.

Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Say,

now that you guys brought it up. My P99 AS, came with a little 'L' wrench, is so small I still can't figure out what is that for?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
stzd8,

That allen wrench is for the front sight. If you take off your slide, you'll notice a little allen head screw inside the front sight. All this screw does it widen out the "snap lips" of the front sight, so that the sight stays on the frame during firing.

When putting a new front sight on, be carefull not to screw the screw in so far that it comes right out the top of the sight. You just want to screw it in far enough so as to be slightly past flush with the lips on the front sight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't find a P99as that was a 2004 model. I was told by a FFL dealer that I've done business with in the past that he could get one in for me. He is suppose to order one on monday. Wish me luck.
For what he's charging me If it turns out to be a 2003 with 10 rd mags I'll still take it. He claimed that it will have the HI-cap. mags. If it's used or doesn't have what it's suppose to come with I'm not going to buy it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts