Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Essentially, the p99's were way ahead of their time. Two other companies, Smith n Wesson, and Magnum Research (read desert eagle!) bought in, and had rights to use the Walther system in a product line of their own, rather than try to develop their own decocker da/sa strikers.
They're considered to be clones.
I'd say the original asking prices was definitely too high tho, if it's used. Tho it would also depend on condition.
If you are interested, there is a guy selling new mr9 in 4 and 4.5 models, for what u were looking at, at the sw99 used on gunbroker.
Some of these other guys would have validate it, but I believe they've said on here that the mr9 is slightly better than the sw99 in quality and accuracy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I mentioned the Desert Eagle because it's synonymous with Magnum Research, the company who was manufacturing them at the time of the production of the MR9. It's name recognition to help the OP know who the company is.

Ok, "variant". There, happy now?

In the OP it's Not stated if the pistol is new or used. MY statement was that if it was used, 500 is too high. You can buy them brand new for that right now. Now, this is not me making an excuse...YES I DID FORGET that SW was the distributor, and I was going under the assumption that it was a SW99. Hence the whole reason why I brought up the SW99 and MR9 in the first place. Which is ALSO why I menioned that the MR9's are going for around that lowered 350 price, New, on GB.

I'm pretty sure that it was IAOF that was making the statement about the MR's being better. I'm not gonna hunt thru all of his posts tho to confirm it. Or you can argue it with Kar, who posted right above my quote that you posted of my comment, since he seems to think so too. Since I said that "I believe they've said around here".

·
Registered
160 Posts
When the Walther P99 is in stock $350 for a used P99 or SW99 is a tad high. The Walther's were selling for $339.
That being said, they aren't available right now so if it's in good condition $350 is reasonable.
I really wish the seller that had them for $339 still had the fullsized models in stock for that steal of a price. Sadly, the fullsized that I know of, in stock regularly, is in .40 that is anywhere close to that price.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/787807452

Not my auction. But I bought my p99c 9mm from them, RIGHT before the 339 stock was announced here on the forums. The transaction was great, it went really smooth, shipping was really, really fast, and as luck would have it, the NIC actually DID NOT delay. So I literally had the pistol in hand 3 days after the purchase.

Right at about 520 after all said and done, but the guy didn't mention his FFL transfer fees, so that's clearly gonna effect the total end price.
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p99/112428-p99as-sale-primary-arms-489-99-a.html

https://grabagun.com/walther-p99as-9mm-4-bl-2-15rd.html $510 shipped. I've done biz with these guys too. Another really great, no complaint transaction, and they do layaway. Edit- Grabagun's prices just went up. They're not at the $500 pricepoint any longer. End edit.

I'm sure there may be some others around as well, those are just a couple that I happened to know of, from people that I've dealt with, or that had been mentioned Here.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So, is $400 OTD a good price for a LNIB P99AS 9mm with three mags?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My opinion is that it's very doable. That's about 100-150 less than what I can find on them online, NEW, right now. Plus, you're getting an extra mag thrown in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.