Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a P99 .40 but according to the FAQ it should have date marks on the right hand side near the front.  But this gun has nothing there!  From what I gather I have one of the P99s that has a S&W slide and Walther frame.  Anyone know when these were made? My personal guestimate is early 2001, but I just don't know for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's the serial. Definitly a SWather. Know when this was made? I've put about 1000 rounds through with feed problems only occuring during the first hundred. It shoots really well, but to be honest, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew what I know now. Next I'm going to buy a P99 9mm with the proper German markings, sell the SWalther and buy a REAL P99 40 cal. On some level I think it's kind of stupid, since I can't find anything wrong with the SWalther. It's simply a nice gun. Am I being stupid, or what?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Read my other posts.
I love my SWalther. I've shot over 1500 rounds since I got it. It works every time so I have no reason to sell it. If anything I'll get a 9mm just so I can have the proof marks and shoot cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts