Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a some gift certificates to sportsmans warehouse... so today I went to get some more glasses and earmuffs for kids and wife
They had a P99AS 9mm and the guy said he just had it in for a few days...looking at it closer there was no date stamped on the frame anywhere for me to see.... I looked over and over ...
the serial # was FAD....
did Walther stop putten year stamps on the newer guns ?? (after 2004)
I assumed it was a 2005 due to the serial #.... so far i seen FAA..FAB .. and FAC serial # on 2004 stamped guns.... again this one was a FAD serial#
all the other proofmarks were there though ....anybody know ??

·
Registered
310 Posts
There should be a two-letter date code stamped on the underside of the frame, just in front of the trigger guard. Walther doesn't put a numeric date - they use a code. AE is 2004, AF is 2005, etc. If it didnb't have a date code, then it was certainly a fluke.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well all mine are AE dated...and there was nothing in front of the trigger guard.. I looked by the "rails" too as it was there on the pre 2004 models ,,, nothing... just would be surprised to see a "fake" one @ Sportmans warehouse..
I have not seen a AF dated one... so I wasn't sure if they changed the location of the stamp

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so I went back to Sportsmans Warehouse today in hopes they would have a nice Gun I am wanting to purchase
anyhow I looked at that P99 again very close
1. It is date code "AF" but not on the frame, it is laser edged into the slide along with all other markings that were previously on the frame right under the ejector.... not sure how I could miss that last time I looked at that gun
2. Well I saw the new (long) mag release ....and I am not happy with it....but that's just me

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ummmm sorry Shipwreck..... wish I was there... I bet it be a lot warmer right now than it is here

hehehehhe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts