Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if anyone else here has seen the post over at glocktalk forums but apparently, many of the new p99s have slight warping on the frame near the end of the barrel. one guy that started the thread at gt said he called customer service and sent in his gun and they replaced it with a new gun. i tried calling today cuz i have the same problem and was told it was "normal" and it was due to drying of the polymer frame. anyone have any experience with this or have the same warping?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have three P99's and just looked at them, no problem that I can see. What sort of "warping" do mean? Twisted to the side, or something else. Do you have a pic of your warped frame?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm pretty sure (from what i've heard) that it doesn't affect the function of the gun at all but i'm just wondering what's changed in the production process between a couple yrs ago and now since the older models did not have the same warpage.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, mine isn't warped but the forward tip of the frame, just under the muzzle, is discolored. It has a whitish tinge to it...not all black like the rest of the frame. Wonder if that's from the heat?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the thing is, i think the warping has only been seen so far on the '04 models. also, the color thing i notice on my gun after shooting from the gun powder but not sure y it would stay on there?

·
Registered
66 Posts
OH man this has me nervous since I just got my 2005 .40 cal AS recently and shot it for the first time yesterday.

I did notice that the front part where the slide rides the guide is a little loose. I am assuming this is normal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My P99QA in 9mm doesn't have a warping problem but does have one strange thing going on: the recoil rod continuously sticks out about 1/16", no matter if the gun is cocked or not. My P99c AS didn't do that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rickoshay - that's normal for the p99 in 9mm. if you read up on the faqs out there it says it's because the 9mm is slightly shorter than the 40.

*UPDATE*
spoke with s&w customer service yesterday, the guy i spoke too also said it's normal for this slight warping to occur but if i wanted to, i could send it in for them to look at...not sure about all that, last thing i want to do is waste time and shipping costs for them to tell me it's normal again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone have any information on my previous post concerning the slight movement in the front of the pistol when I shake it in my hand?

This started happening after I shot it for the first time yesterday. Before that it was really tight. Now that the pistol seems to have loosend up a bit, the front part SLIGHTLY moves on the rail guide when I shake it in my hand. I want to know if this is normal for all of you? I am not sure if I am making myself clear enough.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (absoludely @ June 30 2005,23:21)]well the thing is, i think the warping has only been seen so far on the '04 models. also, the color thing i notice on my gun after shooting from the gun powder but not sure y it would stay on there?
I tried getting it off with Hoppe's #9 -- no luck. Looks like permanent discoloration to me. Of course, the only one who is going to notice will be the bad guy staring at the business end of my P99...and he's not likely to care very much what color it is!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts