Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As all of U know - I have a P99 A/S 9mm, a P99c A/S 9mm and a SW99 9mm. I bought the SW99 for $439 in 2005 when I couldn't find a P99 A/S in my area. It is a great gun, and before I tracked down an actual Walther, it was my most accurate handgun.

In general, though, I prefer the Walther. It looks cooler, I prefer the grip texture of the Walther more, and the slide to frame fit is a bit tighter. Also, when the slide is back, the SW99 barrel has more play than the Walther does.

I keep my SW99 as my night stand gun with an M5 light on it. I use it instead of the P99 A/S, so I don't have to keep taking my light on and off (I shoot the P99 much more).

Yesterday, I took my SW99 out for the first time in about 7 months. I noticed that the trigger is a bit smoother on my SW99 than the P99, but yet it is heavier on the SW99 by just a tiny bit. Also, when shooting, I've noticed for quite some time that the P99 is just a bit more accurate. My SW99 groups great - but its easier to hit the bullseye with the Walther.

While the SW99 is a great gun, and I have my slide hard chromed and do not plan on getting rid of it. The Walther is the better gun by just a hair...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Your walther has a lifetime warranty now as well thanks to S&W. Just FYI

This seems to be bogus information,, I just called walther america and they told me there is only a 1 year and has not heard of the lifetime warranty on Walther pistols??? Where did you here that from

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Quote: "Also, when the slide is back, the SW99 barrel has more play than the Walther does."

Q: What possible difference can that make?

M

·
Registered
56 Posts
5. Do the PPK and PPK/S-1 have the Smith & Wesson Lifetime Service Policy?
No, the PPK and PPK/S-1 are Walther pistols which are manufactured for Walther by S&W. They have a one year warranty which covers defects in material or workmanship.
Taken directly from WaltherAmerica.com FAQ. If it doesn't apply to the PPK, why would it apply to the P99?

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Back to the topic...

I'll take the P99 over the SW99.

Both would perform flawlessly, but I like the sleeker looks of the P99 better.

·
Registered
525 Posts
With regards to the warranty, its officially one year but s&w has some of the best customer service you could ask for. If you're out of the warranty period chances seem good that they're going to take care of you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not only does S&W have the best customer support in the business, but when they do charge for a service the prices are very reasonable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts