Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a P239 and loves it. I need another one for me. How does the P239 compare to the P99? Accuracy, quality, price, concealability, etc. Will be using this for CCW.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have both and although I'm a Sig man, I prefer and now carry my P99. If complete concealment carry is your criteria, then the 239 might be A better choice as it's a single stack so it's thinner and smaller over all. I havent weight them, but other than twice the number of rounds in the P99, the guns seem about the same weight.
My choice is somewhat biased as I prefer larger handguns to the compacts. I also carry a Sig P220 and a P226, so by comparison the P99 is a compact!
I shoot the 239 good, but I shoot the P99 better. You would have to decide which one is more accurate for you.
Both guns are top drawer in quality.... You can't go wrong either way!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Too bad when one has to choose only one huh? Besides my P99 i have a CO2 PPK/S. I like the little thing so much, so having the real one must be funtastic. Both pistols are so different, and yet, both are so good guns. Definately, having both would be the best.
I think what ever you decide, P239, or P99 you will have a great handgun.

Héctor

·
Registered
539 Posts
Can't go wrong with either a Sig or Walther. The only way to choose is to carefully determine your exact needs and compare those against the two guns. Include more models if needed. Then add items like fit/finish, price, looks, accuracy etc. to the mix. You'll either find a gun that stands out or both 'score' equal. Then it becomes an emotional decision. Nothing wrong with that after you've done your homework.

I bought my gun because it had the features I wanted, a price I could afford and I simply WANTED it.

But whatever you do, relax and enjoy the gun you end up with. Both are great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd go with the P99. Although the .357 Sig is an awesome round, you get pretty equal performance using 9mm +P or +P+ ammo. Not to mention that with a P99 you can practice with standard cheap 9mm ammo.

The Sig looks a little lighter, but a friend of mine has one and has had more trouble with his than I've had in my P99. I've gone shooting every week since the beginning of december with it and I've never had a failure to fire or a jam of any kind. His Sig on the other hand jammed twice when he turned the gun sideways(he was making fun of ghetto people) and the trigger pull is terrible.

Either way, you're getting a great firearm though. Walther and Sig are both top notch brands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts