Walther Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dimensional differences between P99 & P99c

I know barrel length and mag length are shorter on the P99c but what about the overall width of the slide and grip and trigger length (blackstrap to trigger) are those dimensions the same as the P99.
Really been thinking of getting the "c" but cannot find anyone local that has it in stock to see how the grip and trigger feels. I know of someone that has the P99 that I could fondle.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
So, input boys... 6'0 190lbs

If barrel length (mostly irrelevant in cc, in my opinion-- at least in this instance) and grip length are only differences (and that in itself is relatively negligible), do you sacrifice the two rounds for the slightly shorter grip length?

simple question, right? P99 or P99c for CC?

Prefer the DA/SA option over the PPQ for CC, but uncertain if the size difference is that significant to not just get the P99 over the P99C

·
Premium Member
13,492 Posts
Boogs, I can carry a PPQ, P99 or SW99 45 so easily, I almost NEVER carry my P99C. If I DO carry the P99C, it's only because I fee like it needs a little love too.

I carried my PPQ 40 yesterday with a Beretta 15 round magazine, which adds just a scoosh more to the grip length than the Walther extended mag. Absolutely NO problem-0. BUT, all this carryin' is with my custom made holsters with mucho cant, carried at 2 o'clockish.

But number two......many others are carrying the PPQ/P99 as their EDC. It has EVERYTHING to do with personal preference, the specific holster, carry position and clothers.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Personal preference is the P99 decocked with a round chambered. I can carry the PPQ alright, shorts, t, whatever, but am uncomfortable with the condition options of the PPQ.. or lack of.

I suppose I am asking if the P99c really conceals that much better in any given situation, given its dimensional difference to the P99

You're making holsters now, OF? Or ordering them?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
simple question, right? P99 or P99c for CC?
For me, the difference is in what I'm wearing. My P99c does conceal better than my full size (especially this time of the year) but I often carry it with a full size P99 magazine with grip extension. So I'm not missing much that way. I will go to the ten round pinky extension in some clothing due to printing.

·
Premium Member
13,492 Posts
You're making holsters now, OF? Or ordering them?

:cool:
Yep, been making my own for a while now. Kept makin' and changin' (adding cant, playing with ride height, etc) until I settled on the perfect combination for me.

edit: Just to be clear, I'm not selling holsters.....only make em' for myself.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts