Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm confused..or maybe it's just too early..but why does the full size have a Gen1 slide and a Gen2 frame with the ambi-slide stop?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I'm confused..or maybe it's just too early..but why does the full size have a Gen1 slide and a Gen2 frame with the ambi-slide stop?
Can't answer the first part, other than to say Tanfoglio has some unique guns.

As for the ambi slide lock it's been available for a long time, found primarily on European guns.

·
Registered
272 Posts
As for the ambi slide lock it's been available for a long time, found primarily on European guns.
Yes, I am aware of this. It's also being installed on weapons that are designated "Night Sight Defense Kit", sold here in the US.
It's how mine came, anyway.

Perhaps I should've worded my question, "what's the story on the multi-generational full-size?"
:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quick question where did some of you members purchase your Walther P99, cause I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find anybody who's got any in stock

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
It's generally easier to purchase a PPQ these days than it is a P99, but the big USA online suppliers have access to them, as a general rule. I'll bet that most P99 purchases are coming in that direction. I got mine at a local gun shop a few years back; walked in and there it was, whispering my name. I've subsequently purchased two more from members here, via our Trading Post section. I'm not sure what the status is in Canada, though. You miht have to get creative. Have you asked your local gun shop crew if they can secure one for you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's generally easier to purchase a PPQ these days than it is a P99, but the big USA online suppliers have access to them, as a general rule. I'll bet that most P99 purchases are coming in that direction. I got mine at a local gun shop a few years back; walked in and there it was, whispering my name. I've subsequently purchased two more from members here, via our Trading Post section. I'm not sure what the status is in Canada, though. You miht have to get creative. Have you asked your local gun shop crew if they can secure one for you?
Unfortunately they've been taking my order but they've been telling me it'll be here in 2 weeks, 2 weeks later they tell me it'll be another 2 weeks, so it's either I got somewhere else or I'll have to wait till January :mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was able to order a P99 from Jet Guns, they had them in stock. None of the dealers I know of in the Seattle area had any, though. But, I wanted to try Jet Gun's lay away program, very good :D, anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
P Variants

Will Walther make a P variant in the 22Mag to compete with the K-Tec. A friend received one for Christmas; to be honest it looks like two different guns made into one. Rather large and bulky for a conceal. I like the 22Mag round for my wife as a conceal carry. Vinyl Max rounds are supposed to be pretty vicious with accurate placement and very low recoil. Anyone have any info on new 22mag semi autos other than the K-Tec? :cool:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I posted a review of the Ruger SR22 in the General Discussion forum yesterday. It looks like a nice gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a P99c as, the p99 period is pretty rare in CA so when my local had one I did not hesitate. My question is: the magazine extension shown in the last photo, is that a capacity extension or is that just an extended grip. I would like to buy one if I knew where to look, and I have tried. Please help

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The mag extension is a piece of plastic, a sleeve, that fits over a longer magazine intended for use in the P99. It increases the capacity of the P99C to 15/16 rounds by allowing you to use the longer magazine. Of course, the P99C will accommodate the long mag without the use of the sleeve, but the sleeve covers the mag's metal shell and makes it look and feel correct.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
The mag extension is a piece of plastic, a sleeve, that fits over a longer magazine intended for use in the P99. It increases the capacity of the P99C to 15/16 rounds by allowing you to use the longer magazine. Of course, the P99C will accommodate the long mag without the use of the sleeve, but the sleeve covers the mag's metal shell and makes it look and feel correct.
I'm glad you brought this up... :)

Question: I've read that using 15 round mags in a P99c without the grip adapter will damage the ejector. I'd like to carry one of my P99 mags as a spare. Do I need the adapter or will the mag catch hold it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Milspec: I've never tried to shoot one without the sleeve in place, but there's no question that the mag will at least insert into the pistol without one. The sleeves are only $20, so it's no big deal to get one. I carry an extra mag with the sleeve attached in a mag holder when I'm packing the P99C.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Milspec: I've never tried to shoot one without the sleeve in place, but there's no question that the mag will at least insert into the pistol without one. The sleeves are only $20, so it's no big deal to get one. I carry an extra mag with the sleeve attached in a mag holder when I'm packing the P99C.
Thanks...guess there's no point in taking a chance if it fits in a mag pouch anyway... :)
On the other hand...I haven't seen a grip adapter for a 30 round ProMag... ;)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I'm glad you brought this up... :)

Question: I've read that using 15 round mags in a P99c without the grip adapter will damage the ejector. I'd like to carry one of my P99 mags as a spare. Do I need the adapter or will the mag catch hold it? Thanks.
It can only damage it if you slam the mag home. That's what using the sleeve prevents.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts