Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, I have the Walther P99 and I really like it but I'm wondering if P99c is just as nice, and also more concealable. I've seen dimensions, etc, but I"d like to hear from actual user experience, as it's only really felt by those who carry. I assume the gun is about same size as Glock 26?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Yes, I carried a Glock 26 for 8 years. I got tired of the glock trigger - always shooting low and to the left - I never could adjust. I finally sold it and got a compact P99. It is about the same size - There is a couple of MM difference - but not worth mentioning.

For me, the full size would be too difficult to conceal all year long...

I like this Bianchi 7L holster...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I too have the full-size and compact. The old saying is true, size does matter at least it does for me when it comes to concealment.

But I can tell you this, that when it comes to how they shoot side by side, the compact is every thing that the full-size is, only difference is in round capacity.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do not have the P99; however I bought the P99CAS due to it’s smaller size. It also has inherently amazing accuracy and after many rounds I can truly state it is thus far within the same reliability category as my Glocks.

Whether it is worth it to you for the smaller size depends on how you intend to use it but, I certainly believe it well worth the amount I paid because I can easily utilize it in the form of an inside-the-pocket weapon. I enjoyed my first P99C so well I purchased a second. A reason for the second purchase was: I really like the AS trigger system and Shipwreck can tell you it is no longer being imported . . . So I decided, I can always put another to good use and wanted to get an extra anyway before the “AS” availability is extinguished..

FYI - CDNN had the P99CASs (and may still have some in inventory) for a neat price of $429.99 + $9.99 shipping + $2.99 adult signature requirement?? to your FFL - Of course your FFL will add charges (i.e., transfer fee, background and taxes, as applicable) - To me an exceptional price for this very high quality. If you contact CDNN, deal with whomever you wish but - - - - FYI - I have always asked for (and ordered from) Jerry, as he is a great guy to deal with who tells it like it is, has consistently selected well for me whether new or used and has as well described each scratch in detail prior to order finalization.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts