Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shot the Israeli desert eagle in .40 (small frame)?

A family friend just aquired one and is enjoying it quite nicely... and so are his target scores. I'm still sharing my Walther successes with him.
So...
What's the skinny on the brand and the model?

Thanks ahead

·
Registered
93 Posts
You're probably thinking of the Baby Eagle.

As far as I know, not working for IAI or Magnum Research, they only make the Desert Eagle in .357 Mag, .44 Mag, and .50 AE...

Here's a link to the article for Concealed Carry Magazine that Mad Ogre aka George Hill did on the Baby Eagles... They were the polymer framed ones, so they'd be closest to the P99.

IAI has been producing the Baby Eagles for a number of years, though. Originally under the moniker Jerico, if memory serves...

I've fondled them, but never owned one, nor shot one. I almost bought one when I got my P99 earlier this year, though...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a Baby Eagle in 9MM and like it a lot. Nice shooter, well balanced, and eats just about any ammo you can throw at it. My only complaint is with the mags. Have bought 6 different ones and have only one that doesn't FTF/FTE. Have to put hand under the mag well and push up on the floorplate.
 I have disassembled the offending FIVE magazines and Dremmelled the hell outta them to get rid of any hangups, but it has done no good, so the B.E. is not my carry piece. Gotta stay with my P99C or my Kimber 1911.

Just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
If you're looking at a Baby Desert Eagle (a.k.a. Jericho / Uzi Eagle), you might want to look at the CZ-75 since it is a copy of the CZ-75.  While the CZ-75's are closer in design to a Browning Hi-Power than a P99, you are still talking about a wonderful handgun with a very successful design.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BreakerDave @ Aug. 27 2005,15:38)]If you're looking at a Baby Desert Eagle (a.k.a. Jericho / Uzi Eagle), you might want to look at the CZ-75 since it is a copy of the CZ-75.  While the CZ-75's are closer in design to a Browning Hi-Power than a P99, you are still talking about a wonderful handgun with a very successful design.
Your recommending CZ-75 over Baby Desert Eagle?  Just a bit confused but I have heard a lot of good things about the CZ-75 though and was actually considering to get one.

Actually I was happy to read something about the CZ-75.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HiramAbiff @ Aug. 29 2005,10:45)]Your recommending CZ-75 over Baby Desert Eagle?  Just a bit confused but I have heard a lot of good things about the CZ-75 though and was actually considering to get one.

Actually I was happy to read something about the CZ-75.
While the Baby Desert Eagle has a lot going for it, I think, by going with the original CZ-75, the consumer has a better choice of configurations.  For example, although there are single action versions of both pistols, only CZ imports its single action model into the U.S.  

-I did not mean to imply that there is anything wrong with the Baby Eagle.  I simply like having options and I know there's usually something to be said for going with the people who originated the design as opposed to the people who are copying it.   In this case, I would expect there to be easier access to spare parts and a better holster selection for the CZ-75.

If you're interested in a CZ you might want to take a look at the link below.  The guy who runs the site tends to reprint promotional material from the different gun manufacturers, but his stuff can be useful as a primer on a gun you may be interested in:

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg51-e.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts