Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a Magnum Research MR40 4.5" a few months ago. Been looking for a 9mm version ever since....I wanted a pair.

Got an email a week or so ago, indicating they were back in stock, 'BAM'...I clicked the buy button.

So, what's the first thing you do to one of those 'short paddled' P99's or variants? You....OK, I called Walther and order some 'long' paddles.

I modded the 40 a few months ago (immediately after purchasing).....I'm doing the same thing to the 9mm. This morning, I went out to the garage, and got busy....didn't take long.

Oh, and all the holsters I made to fit the 40, also fit the 9. A little custom kydex pressing using the actual pistol, cuz there aren't any blue guns available.

Here's a series of pictures.

Did my measuring and then laid out some tape to use as a guide.

Use a block of wood wrapped in tape to hold the trigger to the rear....out of the way while I'm working.

This ain't no friggin' dremel. :D

Got er' clamped down ready to start making plastic chips fly.

Boom, that didn't take long.

Flop it over and do the other side.

Little bit of cleanup, and put er' together....fit perfect....AND the right side paddle is perfectly aligned. (luck of the draw).

So, here's the family.....40 on the left with TFX Pro's and 9 on the right. And one of the many MR40/9 4.5" specific holsters. I'm pretty sure I've got the only ones on the planet. :D

Close up of the 9.

And the 40.

I love retirement. What is today anyway????? Oh, its a holiday....cuz to me, EVERY day is a holiday.

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looked for 4 or 5 hours for my specially designed/made 3/16" box end wrenches. Finally found em'.....also found a flashlight I'd been missing for a few months.

It was time to swap sights on the MR Eagle 4.5". The longer version makes it almost imposible to get to the front sight. The shroud on the front of the slide extends over the front sight, making it very difficult to get an allen wrench on the allen screw. Don't even THINK of trying to use a nut driver....no friggin' way. That's why I made the little box end wrenches.

I had an extra set of speed sights so that's what I put on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts