Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across mention of the trigger reset on the P99. I had not realized that after firing, the trigger resets after moving forward about 1/8th inch. I tried rapid fire by releasing the trigger only slightly and then squeezing again. I was able to fire VERY rapidly (3-4 times /second). Is this common knowledge? I've only seen it mentioned once in all the info I've read on the P99. Is the Walther unique in this regard?

·
Registered
525 Posts
For me when I shoot I never remove my finger from the trigger until I'm done nor do I ride it til it stops.  I squeeze, hold the trigger down through the recoil, then when my sights are back on target release til I feel it reset, then pull again.  Guns like the p99 and s&w autos feel great...sigs don't make me as happy, but there are several other pistols with an equally short trigger reset. Shooting the way I do though does make me more prone to short stroke long reset trigger so its a ymmv...

·
Registered
821 Posts
The reset on the P99 AS is a beautiful thing.

Recently, I went to the range with my P99 after a long hiatus, and was pleasantly surprised at how short the reset was... I had forgotten!!!

Gotta love it, but watch those ADs. When getting used to it again, I accidentally squeezed one off unintentionally. Luckily, the gun was pointed downrange at the time.

-stunks

·
Registered
232 Posts
For my it's the exact opposite. The recoil is enough that my finger fully releases the trigger so I'm already squeezing again as I'm reaquiring the target. Not as accurate I'll admit, but I figure if I can dump an entire mag like that into a pie plate at 15 yards consistantly I'm doing ok.

I and a friend shoot my P99 and his Glock 19 back to back, and even side by side in a double pistol charge kinda thing just dumping ammor in the direction of the target (closed range and range owner was presant) and can't tell the difference between his G19 (very short reset) and my P99 QA (reset is all the way released trigger) even after switching hands. The P99 does have more felt recoil though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My double taps have improved 10 fold with my P99 AS... Why, I'm actually turning into a force to reckon with!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts