Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at trying a P99QA and was surfing through Walther's USA site and found a trigger pull profile on their P99 page. I thought it was interesting. Click on this link and check it out.

http://www.waltheramerica.com/p99_specs.htm

Anyway, how does the P99QA compare to a Glock, trigger-pull wise?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do not know if I can contribute much, but the Glock has a standard five pound pull trigger and the QA is charted to be in the seven pound range. The leghth of the Glock and the QA seems to be about the same...again using the chart as a reference for the QA.
Next time I see a QA, I must try the trigger. I may like it and if it do that trigger pull will cost me $500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Glock and QA triggers are significantly different. While the Glock trigger can be "staged" and has a short reset, the QA trigger has a consistant weight (can't be "staged") and must travel to the forward position to reset. The best description I have is as follows: the QA is the best DA-only trigger I have ever used (akin to a Para-Ordnance LDA, but with a shorter pull length), while the Glock (with the standard trigger connector) feels like a single action with a long, light take-up.
In terms of actual downrange performance, the QA is great out to 15 yards; after that (25 yds) you will have to work harder to hit the target. The Glock (again, with standard connector) is easier to shoot at distance. This is because the Glock trigger can be staged, and has a short reset. With the QA, you have a longer pull (relatively speaking) for each shot. If the Glock is equipped with a NY trigger, though, it's a draw at best.
I hope I don't get flamed for this observation, but I see the QA as being the gun the S&W Sigma should have been. The QA trigger is consistant and has a crisp break, and the manufacturing quality/workmanship/reliability is top shelf. Whats better (at least for law enforcement) is that the QA's trigger does not have to be pulled prior to disassembly (it has a button on the slide for that). The only downside to the QA, really, is the $100+ price difference compared to the Glock, and the non-standard accessory rail. Then again, you get what you pay for.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just out of curiosity, Does anyone think there would be a market for a QA trigger kit that reduces pull length and gets the pull down under 4 pounds? I have made the kit for myself and was just wondering.

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts