Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Could you describe this catch feeling you are getting iwth the SA trigger forward in more detail?  

I agree that the SA forward trigger can be distracting, especially since it catches at the rearward set point instead of pulling back smoothly all the way until it fires.  Whenever I reload, the first thing I do after I release the slide and chamber a new round is to point the weapon downrange and set the trigger to the rear again.

The long SA trigger forward pull is part of the P99's anti-stress trigger to keep accidental discharges to a minimum.  The logic is that if you carry chambered and cocked the chance of an accidental discharge is less with a longer trigger pull.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes, I would try a full cleaning first and see if that helps.

But;
I shoot nothing but Winchester White Box 9mm in my P99 DA/SA. I've fired about 1200 rounds through mine. I fire 100 - 150 rds per range trip. After every trip I clean the barrel and frame with cloth swabs soaked in cleaner/lubricant and get every crevice that I can. I also put a drop of oil into all of the moving joints and springs. I have never had any problems and I have never immersed the frame into Simple Green or anything else.

I am wary of sinking my entire frame into Simple Green. I think it would strip the lubricant off of places where it would be hard to reapply it to. I also am not too keen on the idea of dunking the metal parts in the frame into water to rinse off the cleaner. Just MHO though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.