Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Walther experts....your opinion please.

Running a hybrid setup using the PDP upper and P99 lower. Using the P99 striker to keep the DA/AS/SA mode.

Problem is when using the RMR optic plate from Walther, this part of the striker contacts the plate and locks up slide from cycling. Functions fine with the plastic dummy plate.

Taking things apart, there is definitely a height difference between the strikers. My question is, can this part be shortened to stop contact with the RMR plate? I can’t see how this impacts the regular P99 trigger functions (aside from the decocker button maybe?) below are my measurements.

PDP striker:
15.85mm height

P99 striker:
17.49mm height

Plate thickness:
2.48mm

Striker slot depth:
0.78mm

Pretty much a 1.6-1.7mm difference is stopping the gun from functioning with an RMR.

Please advise if I can file and size the striker properly to the RMR plate. Thanks folks!

·
Super Moderator
14,389 Posts
When you depress the decocker button on the P99, its that little nub on the top of the striker that 'smacks' into the decocker button, which stops the striker in its tracks and keeps the striker from whackin' into the FPB. If you're going to keep that setup, you can whack that little nub off. 😁

Had to go find a picture. The nub on the striker is gonna hit that little nub on the decocker (green arrow).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thankfully this is a spare firing pin that came with my original P99, so I still have the other factory P99 slide and striker all intact in case I feel like going back to slapping that decocker button with satisfaction. You're the man, FART!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Will the P99 trigger assembly fit/work reliably
In a PPQ or PDP frame?

Love my P99 trigger but not the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's reassuring to know I can continue to swap parts to accommodate my unbending thumb by using the finger paddles in p99 and m1 ppq frames on the pdp but in this particular case without the decocker how are you carrying in da?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Awww why you no like P99 frame?
Limited light options due to not being a pic rail.

Texture was always kinda slick for me and very few trust-worthy texture guys will work on one:

And the one I know will is too popular now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's reassuring to know I can continue to swap parts to accommodate my unbending thumb by using the finger paddles in p99 and m1 ppq frames on the pdp but in this particular case without the decocker how are you carrying in da?
PM me for details on how to accomplish this decocking method.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts