Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the P99 still being produced? A guy at a gun shop today told me they were not. They sure are hard to find right now.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Same as the last few years: Walther makes a batch, sends it over, and it sells. Then a few months/years of drought and you'll have to wait until Walther sends over the next batch. So that's where you are: wait! This year's batch came over in early January, and was snapped all up and every place that had them is out of stock.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Until Walther makes a statement that the P99 has been discontinued, I'll find it hard to believe that the P99 is discontinued.

I've heard "P99 discontinued" too many times since I bought my first one. I mean it is to the point where if I said I heard it a hundred times over the years, it would probably be an understatement.

The P99 is still being used as a contract pistol by agencies all over the world. I'd assume that production will not stop until nobody uses it anymore.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
The short answer is no.

The long answer is hell no.

Expect an M2 version within a year, maybe less.

And it's gonna look like a PPQ. :rolleyes:

(Just kidding about the M2 in a year. It's gonna be here in December :D)

(i may or may not be kidding. Only Walther knows, and even that is sometimes sketchy!) ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
OP - I am seeing a couple of used full size 9mm P99 AS pistols listed on GB right now if that's the variant you're looking for. The starting bids are a bit high but not unreasonable. The .40S&W versions seem to always be around during shortages. The 9mm versions have a tendency to disappear rather quickly. I remember earlier this year when this forum was buzzing with the news that a new batch had come in. People were snagging them up at incredible prices... way less than I paid for mine back in 2016. Be patient and I am sure you will get one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts