Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rented WAR with Jet Li.
He carries a P99 variant that appears to have a chromed slide.

Funny thing is the magazine is loaded with FN's 5.7 rounds :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
You guys don't have the 5.7 conversion kit yet? It's just a bit less popular than the .357 sig conversion kit.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Yea, we discussed this here and on other forums when the movie was out in the theatre...

Yes - the gun is fictional Hollywood magic - shooting 5.7 ammo :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Chris Tucker also shoots a P99 in Rush Hour 3, I don't remember the exact scene but I think it is one of the early ones in the Hospital. The P99 also makes frequent appearances throughout the entire series of 24 =)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I thought that's what I saw in one of the trailer's for that show.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I thought that's what I saw in one of the trailer's for that show.
They use P99's in The Wire a lot and I do see them in movies quite often... it is funny how you keep an eye out for stuff like that once you are familiar with one. I was just watching an episode of season 4 of The Wire last night (great show by the way) where a bunch of gang-bangers are target practicing with bottles and cans and such... and one of them was using an older P99 with a hard-chromed slide, I knew it was an older model right off the bat because of the "ski bump" in the trigger guard. Out of the three and a half seasons I've watched of that show I've noticed P99s at least 10 times... but I guess that is to be expected for a show about cops, drugs, guns and gang-bangers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Christ..........Jessica Alba and a Walther? Put those two together and that's guaranteed Golden Globe material. I'm not a 100 percent sure but does Matt Damon use a P5 in the scene where he jumps down the staicase in the Boure Identity and then shoots a bad guy on one of the landings?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
It says Jack Bauer uses a P99 in '24'. As Jack's weapon-of-choice seems to be Sig, can anyone nail down when and/or where in the series he got his hands on the P99? I gotta know.

Russell

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I don't follow Bauer much.... but most times I did watch 24 he used a USP/c

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I admit that my own gun-recognition skills are poor especially for TV (hard enough for me to recognize a even Walther such as Bree's PPK on Desperate Housewives;) ). I depend on forums like this for most of my info.
So FWIW
http://24.wikia.com/wiki/Handguns_on_24

Russell

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
It says Jack Bauer uses a P99 in '24'. As Jack's weapon-of-choice seems to be Sig, can anyone nail down when and/or where in the series he got his hands on the P99? I gotta know.

Russell

Jack uses a HK USPc for the past few seasons actually - He does pick up other people's weapons and uses them temporarily. So, it is possible he picked up a P99 for a second. But, he doesn't use one normally.

Anytime 24 is on - the "What gun does Jack use" threads come up all the time. Except for the beginning of the show (first season or 2 when he used the Sig), he's stuck with the USPc... And, in 9mm...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was watching Die Hard With A Vengeance a couple of days ago. The GF of Jeremey Irons shoots a guy towards the end of the movie with what looks like a Walther PPK.

·
Registered
63 Posts
"The Returner" is another movie ( Japanese movie its not to bad). Ive also seen the P99 in Alias. I remember one seen that her pistol kept changing from a Glock to a Walther over and over again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny you guys mention this as "The Transporter 2" has been playing alot on Cable this month.

In the final scene.. on tthe airplane.. theres a struggle for one gun.. and that gun is a p99.. lots of nice close-ups and shots of it too..

The p99 needs a Star on the Hollywood Boardwalk as far as im concerned. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jack Bauer uses two tone Sig P228 in seasons 1 and 2 and an HK USP compact in seasons 3-6. BOth in 9mm. Those are his personal sidearms, not including whatever else he picks up.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts