Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picked up a p99 doesn't appear to have been fired much at all , internals look good. Buttttttt the prior owner maybe had an idea to try stippling and wasn't great at it. Anyone have any ideas on a material to fill/smooth out the grip stippling.?
Also kinda needs a couple parts swapped
It could use replacement front sight
And magazine release ( why stipple the mag release .....)
Anyone have good ideas on holsters

Any random advice
I have a ppq m2 and won't lie I'm actually impressed by the trigger on this p99 with the dry firing I've been doing so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
The first Radom made P99 that I have seen.
Wow. That's a rare bird in the US. Another example of why we can't have nice things.

Anyone have any ideas on a material to fill/smooth out the grip stippling.?
My first thought was to break it up and sell it for parts but I don't think you have anything to lose at this point. I'm curious to see how this turns out for you.

·
Super Moderator
14,881 Posts
I'm thinkin' that'd require a lot of JB-Weld, body putty or the epoxy of your choice and a lot of sanding, priming and more sanding, then a nice Cerakote job. TOO MUCH TROUBLE. The stippling doesn't look that bad.....you can get the paddles from Earl's Repair Service. If it were me, I'd just replace those paddles, then just enjoy the pistol....shoot the poop out of it. IMO, any collector value/interest in this unique pistol was destroyed by the previous owner....its simply a shooter now. It's still unique though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. That's a rare bird in the US. Another example of why we can't have nice things.

Didn't know that was rare. Did think it was odd since these aren't manufactured in Poland

My first thought was to break it up and sell it for parts but I don't think you have anything to lose at this point. I'm curious to see how this turns out for you.
Ya wouldn't have bothered buying it at that point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinkin' that'd require a lot of JB-Weld, body putty or the epoxy of your choice and a lot of sanding, priming and more sanding, then a nice Cerakote job. TOO MUCH TROUBLE. The stippling doesn't look that bad.....you can get the paddles from Earl's Repair Service. If it were me, I'd just replace those paddles, then just enjoy the pistol....shoot the poop out of it. IMO, any collector value/interest in this unique pistol was destroyed by the previous owner....its simply a shooter now. It's still unique though.
Do they make any of those epoxies/Puttys in black I mean save at least one step in there.
I wasn't even thinking of trying to get it back to factory proportions as it does fit my hand well. But the stipple feels ugly.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree with @imaoldfart above - replace the paddles and shoot the :poop: out of it. To each his own but why would someone do that to such a fine weapon? IMO, I would not try to fill and sand on it. You can put some of that tape over the grip like Hickok45 uses. That would at least cover most of whatever the previous owner tried to do. Talon tape/grips?...idk. Whatever the name of it is, it does work very well. Depends on what kind of holster you want. IWB, OWB, shoulder, concealed, open carry, etc. I really like Alien Gear and Crossbreed holsters for concealed carry. Galco and Desantis make premium holsters as well. Conceal in plain sight? Sneaky Pete's offerings are pretty cool, too. Good luck to you, sir.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts