Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all P99 users,
I just wanted to let everyone know that S&W sent me 8 floorplates (for my P99 40) to replace those broken in my magazines. Apparently this is an ongoing problem and for the moment it seems like the easiest way to alleviate the problem is to dump a load of plates to the users. This does not alter the fact that the production of those magazines is nothing short of shoddy workmenship. Our lives depend on the secure feeling that our weapons will perform flawlessly. Broken magazines are not acceptable. I suggest that every Walther user who even suspects that their mags might fault call S&W and get them to send spare floorplates just in case you get a failure. Regards to all

·
Registered
112 Posts
are the ones they are sending you OK? or do they break too?
I have some new in wrap ones from about 2 years ago. Do you think they are bad ? Or is this just a recent occurance?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think this is a recent problem that only started about six months ago. So your 2 year old magazines should be fine. Ultimately Walther is responsible, but the main blame should go to Mec-Gar, wh make the magazines for Walther. It sounds like Walther is doing the right thing and trying to fix the problem as best as they can. It is unnerving to have this happen, but it sounds like Walther is doing what is right.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
They are indeed doing something, but the first set of replacement floorplates that they sent to me broke too. Replacing defective parts with more of the same didn't set well with me. After that, they sent S&W marked floorplates (for the SW99) and they are holding for now.

I am still using the Promags for carry until I feel confident with the new floorplates though. Sad state of affairs for a new handgun with a quality name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts