Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , i was looking for a way to dissasemble the p99 rear sight.From videos i saw online i noticed that there was no push pin in order to remove them easily (
) , nor the pin with the spring that retains the other pin in place like shown in this video.

I removed it by hammering it out and the only things that came out where the sight and a metal spring in it like this picture:

http://fabrykabroni.pl/en/produkty/...ienne-do-p99-walther/zespol-celownik-stalowy/

Is that normal or are any parts missing?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
Walther has two types of sights, those held in with the spring and plunger and a windage screw, and another that doesn't use the spring and plunger, because it's a 'press' fit.

Your pistol apparently has the press fit sights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Walther has two types of sights, those held in with the spring and plunger and a windage screw, and another that doesn't use the spring and plunger, because it's a 'press' fit.

Your pistol apparently has the press fit sights.
I didnt knew that , thanks for the reply.New member here by the way so nice to meet you!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I used a wooden block and a tiny hammer to knock mine out. Then ordered the plunger and spring and screw from walther to convert to the screw to the other. When pushing it out it has to go a specific way! You can also buy a sight pusher or you can take it to a fun Smith. Either keep that style or convert either will work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a wooden block and a tiny hammer to knock mine out. Then ordered the plunger and spring and screw from walther to convert to the screw to the other. When pushing it out it has to go a specific way! You can also buy a sight pusher or you can take it to a fun Smith. Either keep that style or convert either will work
Thank you for the info , much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts