Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
Fantastic! That little click/hump on the first SA trigger is very slight. I only really notice it when I'm dry firing...

If I were to put night sights on mine, I think I'd go ahead and spend the extra bucks and buy the second generation ones from Earl's. They're tapered like the originals...

Nice targets! You can be my wingman anytime!

· Registered
471 Posts
Ya, Earl's is high. What I liked about those though, was they were tapered. Just fits the slide. I find I have faster sight reacquisition with this P99 that any other pistol I have shot and I attribute the tapering of the slide and sights to some of that.

I have the Sig P220 EL with the fiber optic front sight. It's great in sun light, but if your shooting in an indoor range you may be a little disappointed in the fiber optic... Havent looked for the P99, but True Glow  makes a combo fiber optic powered with Tritium... Best of both worlds....

Check out ebay under Walther P99, I've seen some fiber optics on sale there fairly often. I've not compared the price of them. But then, I'm pretty happy with my P99 stock sights...

· Registered
471 Posts
Navy87Guy, I tend to Agree with you. Night sights are cool, but if you can’t see your target, then how would you know what you are shooting at? I like the idea of Hi Vis sights, but they look fragile and like they would snag real easy. Never having used them, I’m sure not talking from experience here…

Being a rather simple person, and wanting to stay independent of batteries, I don't care for lasers… I had one of those once, and you simply could not see the dot outside during the daytime… Totally useless to me… Kind of the same with a flashlight, I don’t want it attached to my firearm…

I’m so boring! Just give me my Sig or my Walther, plain Jane, and I’ll take on the Predator!

ShipWreck, You crack me up!

· Registered
471 Posts
Man, I like that Navy87Guy! Do you just stipulate the height you want? I've never seen that one before... Dang! you might have converted me... Price is right too!

ShipWreck, it's not red on my puter

I use a surefire flashlight, separate from my handgun... I understand both schools of thought... Just prefer them being separate...

· Registered
471 Posts
I still use a shotgun for home defense. Particularly when I have a bear prowling outside... It just depends on the situation which fire arm I grab... It's good to have an assortment...

The night we were attacked, I tossed my shotgun to my wife. She never had to shoot it (Thank God), but if she had, I wonder if she would have noticed the recoil at the time...

Sure understand what it's like to sell for a loss... I traded two guns for my first Sig... However, I'd do it again...

· Registered
471 Posts
ShipWreck, to bad your wife feels that way. Have her read our story in my profile. If it were not for a gun in the house my entire family would not be here...

Navy87Guy, my wife prefers the Sig 228, that's her gun. She had a Walther PPK/S, but the recoil and cocking the slide was harder for her in that little gun... Hated to trade it, but like we were talking about, had too. She dearly likes her 228 though... My wife also thinks the P99 has more perceived recoil than her 228. I kind of think so too, but it's lighter, and to be expected I suppose...

· Registered
471 Posts
Thanks! It could have been worse, much worse, if it wasn't for a firearm in the house...

Ok, I see... At least she's tollerant. That speaks well of her...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.