Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
  I'm in the process or trying to narrow down the selection of a new pistol and have some questions.  I have it narrowed down to three guns right now and need some help with understanding all the options.

First is the P99 and the SW99.  What trigger is in the SW99??  Is it the AS??  S&W's web-site does not list any options for the trigger, but it is a DA/SA, so I think it is the SA??

Second is the P99 QA a DA/SA trigger or is a DAO or something else??  

The other gun in the running is the new style Steyr M-A1.  I only have a little info on this gun and have not been able to get one in my hand yet, hopefully I will on 10 Dec.  I don't want to rule this one out yet, because I don't have enough info on it one way or the other, so any information you can provide would be helpful

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
SW99 usually is DA/SA so it is akin to the AS trigger on the 2004 models. It is also available as a QA model.

The QA is DAO, with a crisp lighter constant force trigger usually around 5.5-6 lb. It does not have double strike capability.

The Steyr M and S Series pistols have a trigger VERY similiar to the QA trigger. I have owned the Steyr, Glocks and the QA. I currently ownly have the QA
for that trigger style.

James

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd stay away from the Steyr. I've had two M9's. Both had failures to extract and failures to go into battery. I'd wait on the new version until its been out for at least a year.

I'm going to disagree with Extremist somewhat on the Steyr's trigger pull. Although the gun is classified as a DAO, the pull to the breakpoint is shorter than the QA (which I also have). To me, the Steyr feels closer to an SA pull with a short takeup. I'd do a direct comparison to the QA, but I traded my Steyr for a SW99 in .45ACP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts