Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:
I went to a local sporting goods store this evening to order a P99 QA in 40 SW. I was told that the P99 is no longer made adn that SW bought Walther and the SW99 was the only thing available.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I suspected I was being handed a line. I'm off to order my Walther. Can't wait to get it and get down to the range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It wasn't a Scheels was it? I was told the same thing.
I think they say that crap to sell what is in the case at that particular time. I just went somewhere else to order mine.
Mike

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's pretty stupid, they'd make more money off the P99 than the SW99 I can sure as hell say my local gun store did as the P99 was around $80 more than the SW.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mike V @ June 20 2004,1:43)]It wasn't a Scheels was it?  I was told the same thing.
I think they say that crap to sell what is in the case at that particular time. I just went somewhere else to order mine.
Mike
Yes it was!!! And I agree with you. This idiot told me that the Walther name is only on the P22 now, but he had a Smith and Wesson 99 in .45 cal that he tried to sell me. I asked him to see if he could order me a Walther and he repeated the same story to me about Smith and Wesson buying Walther and that P99s were no longer available.

Scheel's just lost my business on ANYTHING.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts