Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I'm new to the boards. Before I posted this, I ran a search to see if this topic had already come up, but to my knowledge it has not. I recently sent my 9mm QA to Earl's to get a trigger job done, but he called me after it arrived saying that since it is a QA, there is nothing he can do to lighten the trigger pull. Are you all hearing similar things from other places, or is Earl mistaken? Thank you for the info.

- Paul

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
At this point, there is no trigger job for the QA to reduce trigger pull.  Some people have cut coils off the striker spring to reduce trigger pull weight but the gunsmiths I have talked to all regard that as a bad idea because it will actually affect how much force the striker has to set off the primer charge.  I'm hoping that Walther or some other company will come out with an aftermarket part to address this.

-Since Walther is curtailing the AS model and focusing on the QA model, I think our chances of seeing a kit to address this have gone up as there will probably be sufficient numbers of the QA to justify such a kit being manufactured and marketed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts