Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my P99 QA yesterday, shot nice but the trigger is not up to my standards. Kind of a simple fix, remove a few coils from the striker pin. I ended up removing 6 coils and feel there is enough pressure left to ignite the cartridge consistantly. Probably reduced the pull 1.25 to 1.5 lbs. I wouldn't go any further, If you attempt this take only 3 coils to start and .5 to 1 coil at a time to where you feel it would work right for you.

just a suggestion.

Bill

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Make sure if you do this that the newly cut coil spring faces to the rear against the metal housing and not the plastic collet at the front of the striker. This will prevent any possible damage to the plastic from the spring.

Bill

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fired my P99 today, with 7 coils removed. It has a much better trigger pull, nice dents in the primers, no failure to function. Give it a try, you will like your p99 even more.

Bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
bspring:

Has anyone else done this aside from you? Can you explain in details how you did this? any special tools needed to do this? So how light is your trigger now after removing 7 coils? Did the trigger pull length change in any way? This suggestion really interests me. This would make our P99QA a pistol better than the GLOCK in every way now

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remove the firing pin assembly fro the slide. compress the spring from the front to back, black plastic collet is in 2 pieces that holds the front of the spring in place. Remove the collets and the spring comes out the front. Remove the desired amount of coils, I did a total of 7. Reinstall the spring with the cut coil towards the back of the firing pin and the un modified portion is where the split collet will be re-installed. Stock 6.25lbs pull will be reduced to~ 4.75lbs. No light primer strikes even after 300 rounds fired in the last month. Much more pleasant to shoot.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts