Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Recently purchased a P99 QA with Tritium sites, NOS as an excellent price.

I love the feel of it, but upon going to the range and shooting it for the first time, it consistently shot a lot lower than I was aiming.

The range only had MagTech, which from experience, is not something that my P1 likes, it prefers Geco.

Could it be the P99 also has a preference for ammo? Or is it something with the wearing-in period?

Thanks!
Hector

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
You're probably just using the wrong sight picture. You want to align the three dots in a horizontal line and right where the middle dot is, is where the bullet goes.
Don't use the pumpkin on a post or the rising sun picture.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
P99s also originally shipped with 3 front sights to customize POI for the shooter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're probably just using the wrong sight picture. You want to align the three dots in a horizontal line and right where the middle dot is, is where the bullet goes.
Don't use the pumpkin on a post or the rising sun picture.

I am aware of aiming "modern" sights and have shot many a piece of tactical tupperware, including a PPQ, so it's not the sight picture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, after returning to the range this past weekend and using Geco instead of MagTech, my P99 was a LOT more accurate.

So, lesson learned, my Walthers don't like MagTech

1 - 6 of 6 Posts