Walther Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Internals of the frame and trigger pulls. Notice the difference in parts at the back of the frame.

Notice the S&W has a much longer pull to completion.

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Internals of the slides appear to be the same. I can swap them out without any noticeable difference in the trigger pulls. The issue seems to be in the trigger and frame itself. The S&W frame is just a little bit thicker in the grip. If I could throw the Walther USA LLC parts into the S&W frame it WOULD be the perfect gun for me in function and grip.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Your first variation P99 was manufactured in Germany. That is, unless the proof marks were forged by S&W.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have no doubt that the first was made in Germany. The craftsmanship and feel of the trigger is superb. From my research, it is a 1999 or 2000 model.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I guess I answered my own question last night when I picked up a S&W P99CQA in 9mm. The tiger pull is the same as my S&W .40 (although slightly smoother).

I would only call the earlier generations of the P99QA true QA trigger systems that live up to the description of what walther advertises with a short half trigger pull with fast reset. Those made and marked by S&W have a hard, nearly full trigger pull, that I'm my opinion, should all be labeled DAO instead of QA...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sure would be nice if someone made a straight drop, flat faced trigger for the 99c AS. That long DA pull with that curved trigger is a too long reach for me and my finger tip is pinched during pull. About 4 DA practice pulls is enough. Can't really get accustomed to it. The SA and reset are great. Quick

·
Registered
32 Posts
P99c AS vs creed

My LGS has the p99c AS for about $380.

Worth it?

I have 2 Creeds. How does it compare?

Thx.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
They don't compare.

The Creed is an entry level bottom feeder. The P99 is the Flagship of the current Walther line.

At that price it is a steal.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
That doesn't mean the Creed/PPX is a POS though. It's not.

It's like comparing an F150 to a Ford GT. They have different purposes.

I would damn sure hesitate to call the Creed/PPX a bottom feeder. Now, highpoint just may match that description...or jennings. ;):D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
That doesn't mean the Creed/PPX is a POS though. It's not.

It's like comparing an F150 to a Ford GT. They have different purposes.

I would damn sure hesitate to call the Creed/PPX a bottom feeder. Now, highpoint just may match that description...or jennings. ;):D
All fair points sir. And I have to agree. There are far, far, worse choices than the Creed. I guess my fangs were out last night because of posts on another forum... :eek:

61 - 71 of 71 Posts