Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the reason for the decocking putton on the p99QA? Is there a difference in trigger pull between the P99QA and the PPQ? Appart from the Glock style trigger safety l don't understand the difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is the reason for the decocking putton on the p99QA? Is there a difference in trigger pull between the P99QA and the PPQ? Appart from the Glock style trigger safety l don't understand the difference.

The P99QA are partially-cocked like Glocks. The trigger stroke cocks the striker the rest of the way before releasing. The decocking button releases that partial cocking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As I understand what I have read elsewhere, the decocker is only on the P99AS. What you are seeing on the P99QA is to assist in taking the gun down for cleaning and maintenance. This actually comes from the owner's manual that comes with the P99 series handguns.

·
Registered
251 Posts
As I understand what I have read elsewhere, the decocker is only on the P99AS. What you are seeing on the P99QA is to assist in taking the gun down for cleaning and maintenance. This actually comes from the owner's manual that comes with the P99 series handguns.
i use the decocker on my qa as a decocker and have no ill effects.

·
Registered
3 Posts

The P99QA is partially pre-cocked like a Glock is. That device on a QA does decock that preload on the striker. If you push it, it not only releases the preload, but also blocks the striker from hitting the primer while it is depressed. Once the striker is "deloaded", the trigger will not cycle the striker to fire the gun - thus is the gun is decocked.

To get the QA to fire you must partially(at minimum) cycle the slide to pre-load the striker. It only takes about 1/8th of an inch of slide movement to preload the striker again.

The only reason they might not call it a decocker is because the QA isn't fully cocked. But in reality that device on a QA does in fact decock the preload on the striker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the P99QA trigger (action/pull) the same as that on the PPQ, or different?
From what I'm seeing, the QA and PPQ use basically the same type trigger. A Glock'ish trigger which is partially cocked. The trigger stroke cocks the striker the rest of the way, then releases it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah ok.. ive been reading up. I guess it is commonly considered the European "Bar" style sight.

Online people are saying you can pick them up at Earl's, but I've looked all over the website and cannot locate it.

Does anyone know where to order the original European "bar" style sights for the P99?

thanks TANFOGLIO for the quick reply-

·
Registered
5 Posts
To clarify I am not looking for the LPA TPU19WA18 adjustable rear sight.

My P99AS is my carry, and prefer the plain-Jane fixed version.

Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
wow forgot about this thread. owning a p99AS and a p99QA the triggers are totally different. the QA has about a 8.5lbs trigger pull, the trigger breaks sooner and has a further out reset if you pull it completely back if i remember. too lazy to go get it and i have the AS here. but yes if you pulled the trigger back completely the pull is long but it would of fired before going "all" the way back. the AS has a trigger like a ppq if i remember from handling, light and short with a short reset, only in its AS mode minus the actual anti stress part of the pull.

the reason the QA has a "glock" style trigger is the pull is always the same length a weight unlike the AS which has the AS/SA/DA pulls. i prefer the QA trigger, but the weight of the AS but to each his own.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The original is still the best.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts