Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I am active on the forum and a vendor here.

This poll is to identify what styles of sights that the Walther owners would like to see available.

Sights now available are Trijicon / Meprolight / XS Big & Std dot sights. They all use the Walther windage screw adjuster.
I have found that the rear sight is able to move with little preasure right to left on the average .010 to .008" . Even more on my older P99 Gen 1 as it has seen a lot of use. That one moves .021". This is not a good thing. That being said I will make 2 versions. 1 with the factory adjuster, and one that has an allen screw to secure the movement.

I plan on making available competition style sights with different blade widths and different groove widths, as well as various heights to fine tune to each pistol.
TFO style and fiber optic sights will also be available.
I am also working on a self defense style with large front format for the impaired vision users out there. Similar to the Big Dot.

Yes there are even more out there. Some of the ones mentioned you may not know of. I have tested and have them all on Glocks of course. Lots of interesting concepts that work for their designers and following customers.
This post is also copied in the P99 section as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wouldnt mind raised 3 dot or U rear sights for suppressor use....

·
Registered
693 Posts
To clarify, you are making tritium sights?

My rear Mep Tru-Dot has a bit of play, the front Trij is new though ('11) and works great.

·
Supporting Vendor
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fiber optic sights with the ability to add Tritium vial by the customer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Of the two P99s I own, I've installed night sights on both. The rear sight doesn't bother me. I wish the front sight were more secure. I haven't wanted to secure the front sight with loctite, so I've had to live with a bit of wobble in the screw.

It's never caused an accuracy problem, but just doesn't feel as secure as I'd like it. I don't know that we've a lot to work with in terms of screwing in that sight, but I'd love a more secure option for the front sight and would buy a couple sets if available.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I wish the front sight were more secure. I haven't wanted to secure the front sight with loctite,
Just curious...why?

Redfish, thinking about the play in the rear sights with the factory screw, which pretty much has to be from the plunger, making a new plunger with taller ears to better secure those style sights might be a good idea, if it's doable. That would be a great service to everyone who has existing sights that aren't ready for a change out. Many people have recently purchased Trijicons or Meps for their PPQs and I know after having just spent $80 on night sights, I wouldn't, and won't, be eager to replace them.

I would also suggest putting a set screw in the sights that use the factory adjustment screw, so that the sights you make don't share that movement. It's an easy fix for the problem.

·
Supporting Vendor
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jonm61,

I will be inspecting the screw/adjuster and see if there can be improvements made. The set screw in my opinion would eliminate any movement and is a good idea.

Should get started on the first prototypes next week.

My plans are to do up a complete competition PPQ . I have 2 PPQ'salready and will be aquiring another 9mm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
thread resurrect...

What happened to this? I am very interested in raised sights for use with a can...

jonm61,

I will be inspecting the screw/adjuster and see if there can be improvements made. The set screw in my opinion would eliminate any movement and is a good idea.

Should get started on the first prototypes next week.

My plans are to do up a complete competition PPQ . I have 2 PPQ'salready and will be aquiring another 9mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts