Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ideally, what and how many parts would/should you keep available for your P99?
What have you ordered in parts that where lost, wore out or broken?...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lost a #2... The sight stayed on alright, but now I've replaced both sights with the Walther red fiber optics... Point is, that screw is easy to lose...
OK, so far we have a:
and a #30... anything else? Any multiples of the above?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good idea ShipWreck, except, I want parts for that one too!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Pin #26 on mine seems to have worked loose a bit, so that may be one to consider keeping as a spare part.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, a set of roll pins too. Good idea! I noticed that the roll pins in the newer models are larger than the original style. I wonder how many other parts would differ?
no wait! #26 is not a roll pin... Still, roll pins may be a good idea too...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The only things I'm concerned about are 12 and 21. I've had a #30 break on me though. So I keep one of those around also.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks P88! Who did you purchase your spare parts from? Earls? S&W?... Other?

·
Registered
63 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ May 31 2006,8:43)]I lost a #2... The sight stayed on alright, but now I've replaced both sights with the Walther red fiber optics... Point is, that screw is easy to lose...
OK, so far we have a:
and a #30... anything else? Any multiples of the above?
How do you like those red fiber optics?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ May 31 2006,12:43)]Hal,

I usually just purchase from S&W.  Once you get past their ineptitude, service is good.
Well, I needed a new rear site. It is the same sight for the SW99 as it is on the P99. The SW99 sight was 1/2 the price as the "Walther" sight - go figure. The guy on the phone didn't know and said it probably wasn't, but I told him I have both guns, and was confident that it was.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm very happy with the fiber optics. They are made by and for the Walther P99. They are the same height as the #4 factory, which is the sight I was using anyway and it took all of 60 seconds to install. The design on the P99 continues to impress me. What a gun!
The fiber is on the large side, but they are very "light grabbing" and illuminate in dimmer light better than the Dawson fiber optic I have on a Sig P220... They are in a steel frame and appear to be quit sturdy. Heat from rapid fire does not appear to effect them at all (a concern for some fiber optics). The rear sight is tapered on the sides to continue the "flow" of the slide, which I attribute to one of the reasons the P99 has such great "sight reacquisitioning"... Bottom line, I like these sights!
I bought them from KIEI. These folks give that good old fashioned service. I would and will buy from them again...

ShipWreck, it's funny how that works! I can see it on the mags because of the name being on it, but something a benign as the sight???

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ May 31 2006,11:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ May 31 2006,12:43)]Hal,

I usually just purchase from S&W.  Once you get past their ineptitude, service is good.
Well, I needed a new rear site. It is the same sight for the SW99 as it is on the P99. The SW99 sight was 1/2 the price as the "Walther" sight - go figure. The guy on the phone didn't know and said it probably wasn't, but I told him I have both guns, and was confident that it was.
I don't have a SW99 to compare, but I'd almost believe that they are the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts