Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can have a p99 chambered in any caliber what would it be?

from 22 shorts to .50

The two factory calibers 9x19 and 40sw are not possible options because they are already being made.

Choose two calibers

My p99's would be:
10mm
7.62x25

·
Registered
72 Posts
1. 10mm (that's simple)

2. This one is harder. I will go ahead and say 45 ACP PROVIDED THAT I can buy the gun with a supressor from the factory and that it is sold with night sights that are of a sufficient height to work with the suppresor.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Another vote for 10mm.

They do make the P99 in 9x23mm. They are hard to get in the States though, because that caliber isn't very popular here.

I would bet that we'll see a P99 in 45GAP here someday.

·
Registered
539 Posts
1) .45 GAP
2) .357 Sig (I know they make Barsto barrels but that's not the same)

I like the 10mm from a curiosity point of view but it doesn't offer much over the .40 as current 10 mm rounds are nutered versions of the original. Now if the P99 10mm was made for full power 10 mm rounds that would be a different story. That makes some big holes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Could we also (hipotetically) request that these P99s in the aformentioned calibers be available in the pre 2004 design? I dont dislike the newer P99s, but i much prefer the early design. I know am shallow.

Hector

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any setup you'd like.

Imagine the g22 but in the following calibers, named g99?
9x19
40sw
357sig
10mm
45acp

Maybe even a .223 g22.. call it a g223?

·
Registered
539 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (New to Walther @ May 31 2005,3:17)]45ACP would totally ruin the grip that fits me so well, I would have to go with 45GAP.
Not only that but it makes it quite improbable that it will ever be offered. GAP and .357 Sig would fit in the existing magwell. GAP might be a squeeze, probably only fit 8 rounds or so.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Plasma laser in a 20 megawatt range.

·
Registered
108 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueiron @ May 29 2005,5:16)].357 SIG...

and for Heavens sake, hurry up!

... and since we are dreaming... I want a .38 Super for Christmas.
.357 SIG would be so easy for them. All they need to do is give the .40 a different barrel. I wonder if they have any plans for one?

·
Registered
130 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (RyanSBHF @ June 05 2005,11:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueiron @ May 29 2005,5:16)].357 SIG...

and for Heavens sake, hurry up!

... and since we are dreaming... I want a .38 Super for Christmas.
.357 SIG would be so easy for them. All they need to do is give the .40 a different barrel. I wonder if they have any plans for one?
Unfortunately, I don't see Walther making a .357SIG. Walther focuses their marketing towards the international military/police markets. The .357SIG is just not a popular cartridge for those markets outside of the North American market. It's really too bad because the P99 is such a great platform and would make a terrific handgun in that caliber.

There is one option though.... and it wouldn't be cheap. The solution would be to get Earl's to contract with Walther to make Walther branded barrels in .357SIG and sell them as an accessory through their website. He has done it for the SD models and I would think that the SIG cartridge would sell far more barrels that the threaded 9mm barrels. He has the horsepower to get this done, there merely needs to be a sufficient demand for them.

I don't want an aftermarket barrel, but I'd pay the money for a genuine Walther branded .357SIG barrel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts