Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
What caliber? For the most part stay away from ball ammo for defensive use. Save the ball ammo for practice.

Also I would advise that you seek out training, if you already haven't.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I would suggest that you go to a good gun store and look over their ammo selection. Look for good personal defense ammo like Federal Hydro-shoks or Cor-Bon. This stuff is expensive, but I would advise you to buy a box and shoot it up to make sure it runs through your weapon ok. If it works and you get a good group with it on paper at 10 yards, I'd say you're good to go. (Some like to get a good group at 25 yards). Then go buy another box to use as your carry ammo.

Then I would really suggest you take a training course. You will do youself more good by learning how to make good shot placements, than you will to buy the best ammo and never learn how to shoot. You might also consider getting involved in IDPA. This is a very good sport that helps in your defensive training regemin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.