Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone here who installed the Meprolight Night sites on their P99?  I just got mine but I don't have any tools tiny enough to fit inside my P99 slide where the orig. front sight were.  I tried to use a tweezers but i can't tighten it enough.  Please help!!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This was discussed here before I believe. You need a Glock front site tool, or you can go to your local hardware store and buy a tool.

I bought the Wiha 265 3/16" Chrom-Van Made in W. Germany tiny nut driver for less than $5 at Elliot's Hardware.

Works great. Use some tweazers or a toothpick to get it started, then put the nut driver on it to snug it up. Use some of the removable loc-tite to secure it.

James

·
Registered
280 Posts
I did the same with the socket ground on a bench grinder. Then I adapted it to a spinner handle. You don't want a rachet as this is too much torque. I used lock tight as it kept working loose and I was paranoid of overtightening it. Be wary of an intermittent design flaw that lets the screw bottom out before the sight is seated. I had to file my sight base.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts