Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can only get 9 rounds in my P99 .40 mag. what's up with that? sounds like a similar thing to the Glocks.
carloponti

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have no trubles inserting 10 in both of mine. I have to say it required less effort than my p99 9mm mags. My mags have blue followers.

Val

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do not worry about the magazine not accepting the last round for now.
Just load in the 9 rounds and let it sit for a week or so and the spring will magically learn that it should make room for one more.
Then unload and reload and see what happens. This "hard to load in the last round" stuff happens often in new magazines.
It cures itself with time in most instances.

How about a (first shooting) range report when you get a chance...

P. S. Have you picked up a white box of 100 Winchester .40s at Wall-Mart for $14.95 yet?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was shocked to see the new "Winchester WhiteBox Value Packs" in .40 and .45 as well. When I asked the guy behind the counter about it, he said that they had just come in. Maybe you will get them in your area soon too.
I have been a huge fan of the 9mm value pack for ages. Just $10.50 for 100 rounds of FMJ is a great deal. The stuff is a bit on the dirty side, but feeds well and is priced right for "punching paper".
Now all I need is a .380 Auto value pack and I will be happy

·
Registered
6 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (venom600 @ July 23 2003,10:07)]I didn't know you could buy '100 packs' of .40 at WalMart.  The Walmart nearest me doesn't seem to carry those.  They do have '50 packs' for ~$8.50

--Ben
Best thing to do is ask the manager. Some stores don't carry ammo like that but they can be ordered. Iv'e heard of several people doing it that way. I usually buy my ammo thru ammoman.com.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JennYe,
I have shot the P99 .40 a couple of times. I like the option to shoot da/sa and sa only. Neat feature. I really like the magazine release also.

The pistol shot really well and I had no glitches in any way. Have put about 100 rounds through the pistol. I only hope these pistols are as durable as the Glocks. I like shootint the P99 much more than my Glocks. But I knowwwwwww my Glocks are gonna work everytime. I now have to build the confidence that the Walther will.
carloponti

·
Registered
18 Posts
One of the best shooting investments I have made was purchasing the HKS model 941 magazine loader. I can use it for both the Walther 9mm and .40 S&W mags, also works on the P88 mags. Faster loading and saves the fingers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts