Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks , got my first 1K roounds through my P99 without a jam..great news! Anyone altered the mag release to be any lighter on these guns ?? mine is fierce and I have to really break my grip to drop magazines.
Thanks
Dwight P

·
Registered
411 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lunde @ Oct. 27 2002,11:13)]That is, your trigger finger.
aka: nose pickin finger

I never really noticed that the mag release was that stiff. maybe my finger is very strong from all the "deep digging".
I'll second using the trigger finger, its by far the fastest and easiest way to manipulate the mag release.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A third vote for this method.  In fact, I tried competing with my bhp and swiped once before it hit me that I'd have to release from the other side  

I'm now looking for a right hand side release for my hp, but that's a topic for another forum.

btw, any of yall get to my neck of the woods your welcome to shoot any of my guns.....except NM_P99

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, I shoot right-handed. To release the mag, I've used my right thumb since the beginning. Tried using my trigger finger but felt unnatural to me. I figured that it would be more effective if I didn't have to use my trigger finger to operate anything but the trigger. That way in emergency situations, I won't have to move my finger too much. Check it out and see if your hand is large enough to reach the mag release. If it is then maybe you'd like to try my method.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Best and fastest to use your trigger finger. Safest as you take out the finger from the trigger while changing magazines. Avoids accidental discharges.

HK USP is also done this way.

Regards,

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine is a little different or unusual, but it works for me

I'm right handed, I use the middle finger to activate the mag release, while the trigger finger is outside the trigger guard and lies along the slide. Perhaps I am used to it, I just find this way faster than the trigger finger or the thumb.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I do it the way airfix does it, because that's the way I used to do it with Rugers. It's fast and sure, for me at least. But one of the reasons I like this weapon is I don't have to try to strain my short thumb around to release the mag like say a glock. yukk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts