Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was cleaning my mags. I had taken them apart (my 16 rounders, 15 round Turkish mag and my 10 rounder) when I decided to experiment a little. First, I switched the 16 rd LE mag spring and the Turkish mag spring. It came as no suprise that they both worked in the other mag body. But then I put the 10 round mag spring in the Turkish mag and it held 16 rounds! I was shocked however I haven't taken it to the range yet to see if it works (I doubt it will though) just thought it was kind of strange.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I don't have any experience with any of those mags, but am curious if the followers in both the Turkish and the LE are the same size? I thought the follower and base plate determined capacity, not the spring. I remember the Glock +2 extensions added to the capacity, but my springs never had enough strength to lock the slide open on the last round.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a fairly new P99 in 9mm and want very much to buy four or five 16 rnd factory magazines. I've heard these go for as much as $100 each (this can't be true, right?). $40-45 apiece seems fair to me. Kindly post.:)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Dr. Willie,

The magazines used to go for that much, until that stupid AWB finally sunsetted. Now they are down in the $40 range.

If you live in one of those freedom hating States, like California, then you still may not be able to buy these magazines.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (banddr2 @ Dec. 01 2004,7:38)]I don't have any experience with any of those mags, but am curious if the followers in both the Turkish and the LE are the same size? I thought the follower and base plate determined capacity, not the spring. I remember the Glock +2 extensions added to the capacity, but my springs never had enough strength to lock the slide open on the last round.
The followers are the same in my 10 rounders, my Turkish mag and the LE 16 rounders. The springs are all differenet lengths. The 10 round is the shortest, then the 16 round one and the 15 round spring is the longest.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi RyanSBHF,

If you get some free time, can you post a picture of the three types of magazines and their internals?

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have several of the hicap 9mm Turkish magazines. Even though they have a witness hole to indicate the 15th round, they ALL hold 16 rounds (with a little room to spare).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts