Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on the pistol range my magazine ejected about 6 bullets out of the bottom as I was firing. I have the metal shell and the spring, but the plastic piece on the bottom was cracked and out on the range along with the follower.

Any idea what could have caused this? My only guess is that the bottom piece just broke. The gun fired fine all day. Can I repair the magazine? I have only put about 200 rounds thru this pistol.

Thanks, Sean

·
Registered
97 Posts
If it was a 10rd 40SW magazine, call Walther America (1-800-372-6454) and they will send a replacement magazine bottom. There was a problem with baseplate material on some of the 40SW 10rds.

I did not have this problem, but called them to inquire and they sent me replacement bases for all my magazines to be safe.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
+1

this was only a issue on one batch of .40S&W 10 round Walther mag floorplates.....
if you have the chance to get full size 12 round mags, go for it, as there was never a issue with those... if you need 10 rounders you may also opt for the S&W SW99 10 round mag floorplate in .40S&W

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I had the same problem. The first set of replacements they sent broke too. After that, they sent baseplates marked "S&W". Those have been holding out for the past 3 years or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of your input.

I called Walther today and they are sending me two (12) round mags for free since I am in a non-restrictive state (GA). :D

The 10 round mags that they usually replace with are backordered in Germany till who knows when.

I get to keep my current mags, but I don't think I will use them.

Thanks again,

Sean

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Sean....
as long as you don't mind the SW99 instead the P99 marking on the floorplate.... call S&W (not Waltheramerica) and have them send you 2 of the SW99 floorplates......
this issue was only with the 10 round Walther floorplates and you can use the 10 rounders for the range .... there was never any problems with the S&W floorplates.....and I am sure if you call the regular S&W customer service they will send you the floorplates at no cost too....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool:cool:

I'll try tomorrow. Less reload time at the range!

Thanks,

Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts