1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I have both styles of the mag carriers which you posted links for. I am a huge fan of Galco products. The mag carriers are of excellent quality. I use the double carrier more often, as it is a comforting feeling to have extra mags close by on hand. As to the ones they are marketing for magazines that have rubber pads, the carriers are most likely the same as the pictured ones. Galco is just covering their bases by saying mags with rubber pads will also be compatible with stated carrier. They do the exact same thing for their holsters, i.e., a Glock 26 holster will also list model 27 and 33 on the packaging.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RickJZ
thanks for the heads up.... I got a Galco holster and I like it so this is just natural....but I am still confused

9mm Single Column Magazine
9mm Staggered Metal Magazine
9mm Staggered Metal Magazine WITH Rubber pad
9mm Staggered Polymer Magazine

4 options.... now we know the P99's are not polymer or single column.... but what is the difference in metal and metal with rubber pad ???

On another note... does anybody have the single column one and use a P5 mag in it... or better the P7M8 mag with that single cloumn carrier......

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought the double from the sportsmans warehouse for about 55.00

I am very pleased with it. I use it for all kinds of metal double stack mags. It does not work well for glock mags.

I like the snaps. The are directional and that takes a little getting used to.

They are not fitted or anything special but they work well if you want a mag carrier that can be multitasked.

If I were to buy a second mag carrier it would be a Kramer wet molded mag carrier specifically for my P99 mags but only if I had the galco first.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I think that when they are making reference to a rubber pad, they are referring to rubber extensions such as the ones that the P99c with finger rest come equipped with.

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got the horizontal mag carrier, chose the "9mm staggered metal magazine with rubber pad" option. It is for the P99c, it fits tight as there is a tension screw for adjustment. The only thing I don't like is the leather loop - too large, too bulky.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Galco has one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts