Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a laser made for the P22 that fits the guns contours perfectly, it looks like it's actually a part of the gun. I've never seen that laser on a P99 though. Is it made specificaly for the P22 and not compatimble at all with the P99?

I really like how well it fits that gun and haven't really seen any lasers that I like for the P99 yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Walther P22 Laser

The Walther P22 laser unit is made for the P22. The P22 is a scaled down version of the P99.

I have a P22 laser and it is of no use in the daylight past 7 yards. In the dark it does show up well. I do not think that it would hold up the recoil of a 9 MM or 40 Cal pistol even if it would fit.

I do not think that a similar laser exists for the P99. The lasers for the P99 are usually like the Blast units, large and expensive.

BTW. For the second generation P99's you can buy a laser and light combo unit like the Streamlight TLR-2 ($230 on eBay) and get the S&W key to make it mount to the Walther (another $8). Also the Insight M3/M6 units can be used on a Walther P99 by buying a $30 adapter part. And the M6 actually comes in a specific S&W rail mount version. I know these are not the cool looking, part of the gun laser like you are hoping for.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Random observation... saw a guy at the range yesterday a few lanes down using a laser... he should have saved the money and spent it on ammo. That pretty red dot was allll over the target, and so were the holes. ;)

thorn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts