Walther Forums banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
The P5, P5C, P88, P88C, P99c AS, and P99c AS are all desired by members of WaltherForums.

How long does it take for a gun to go though the importation process?
I have seen as little as 3 months, to as much as 9, but that was at the height of the Covid. A lot of paper work on both sides. Usually takes me a month buying 50 to 70 guns, and that’s being aggressive about. Right now the demand must be good for 99’s, and of course the supply chain, bad thing is that usually sets the pattern. The one gun I looked at in Germany, I would have to have about 975.00 to come out. I will keep an eye out on the above mentioned guns, and will be in Germany in the fall to visit the better half’s family, and visit some of the dealers I buy from

·
Registered
28 Posts
I, for one, can't understand why that pistol would go for more than half it's current bid. Almost have to question if the bidders are authentic.

Gun would appear to be produced in 2021~ so while it is nice and new it does have noticeable wear in addition to (IMO) a poorly applied grip tape kit. Not 100% sure but I think the grip tape looks sweat stained (it's being sold out of Florida - so I wouldn't doubt it)

If it were me I'd much rather have this SW99 9mm for $549 buy it now. (although it appears to come with a promag magazine.. yuck!)

Anyways. Very interesting to see the pricing on these things. Short supply really seems to be driving the prices up. (as well as inflation, I suppose)

If you end up being able to turn these for $1200 a pop that certainly seems like it could be lucrative, right? lol.
If that starts to become a pattern then yes it could be lucrative, especially if I could secure 25, or 30 guns at once. But having said that my business has been built on older classic guns, drillings, Anschutz rifles, Walther KKJ, PP etc. I will keep an eye out, especially if I can offer the guns at a fair price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When do the import marks get applied?
When I pick the guns up, I submit what is called a form 6a to U.S. Customs acknowledging that I’am in receipt of the firearms. From there, I have 15 days to log the guns into my FFL log book, and import stamp every firearm, which must include trade name, city, and state. Smallest letter size allowed is 1/6” which is what I use. Stamp has to be in a visible functioning part of the gun. In other words you can’t take it apart, and conceal it. I have gotten pretty good at putting where it is least noticed. Hope this helps, but the paper work side gets thicker,all the time, on both fronts, but i
I have to admit I enjoy the challenge, and like working with the customers

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I pick the guns up, I submit what is called a form 6a to U.S. Customs acknowledging that I’am in receipt of the firearms. From there, I have 15 days to log the guns into my FFL log book, and import stamp every firearm, which must include trade name, city, and state. Smallest letter size allowed is 1/6” which is what I use. Stamp has to be in a visible functioning part of the gun. In other words you can’t take it apart, and conceal it. I have gotten pretty good at putting where it is least noticed. Hope this helps, but the paper work side gets thicker,all the time, on both fronts, but i
I have to admit I enjoy the challenge, and like working with the customers
Back in the day, I think the grand master of Import was Sam Cummings, his import stamp was bold, “ Interarms Alexandria Va”. My Dad knew him, and as a kid, I got to look at a lot stuff in his warehouses on the water front of Alexandria.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Wild cat you are making an assumption on my knowledge. The trigger is just one aspect of how a weapon shoots. I thought this was talking about differences in P99 and VP9 anyway why does the PPQ keep coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're missing it. The P99 and PPQ sear are the same. So when the gent proves the PPQ sear is mechanically superior to the VP9, he also means the P99 sear.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Anyone could prove my theory wrong with a link. There hasn't been a single NEW Walther P99 on gun.deals in a year and a halfish. I look every single day for them and know Gunbuyer is the Walther main distributor in the US.

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Shouldnt the new production p99 have the long ambi slide stops? That would be nice to have.
The first P99 to have the ambidextrous levers was the P99 TA, which was made to compete with the then new H&K P2000 in a contract that required ambidextrous controls sometime around 2002. By 2004, it was standard production on the P99, seemingly around the world, to have the ambidextrous slide release levers.

For some reason, it was decided not to bring this new design here to the US. Short of a small batch of DAO P99 pistols, a small batch of P99 pistols imported by Walther with what was called the "Defense Kit", and those imported by Earl from ERS, only the single-sided slide release was available here. As a left-handed shooter, I would have liked for Walther to have sold the ambidextrous model here in larger numbers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah it sucks that the ambi one cant come over here. I called earls before going to fort Benning and he said he could get anymore since of covid issues but yeah…. When it comes to online sellers sadly ive noticed it comes down to what the dealer wants and or sells most. Like buds, grabagun and such have brick and mortar spots. But some other dealers like walther like Shoot straight, they always have anything european in stock but not any us made ironically. Like i said in an earlier post, the tampa location actually has a P99 and black PPK that are in the counter at both locations.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The first P99 to have the ambidextrous levers was the P99 TA, which was made to compete with the then new H&K P2000 in a contract that required ambidextrous controls sometime around 2002. By 2004, it was standard production on the P99, seemingly around the world, to have the ambidextrous slide release levers.

For some reason, it was decided not to bring this new design here to the US. Short of a small batch of DAO P99 pistols, a small batch of P99 pistols imported by Walther with what was called the "Defense Kit", and those imported by Earl from ERS, only the single-sided slide release was available here. As a left-handed shooter, I would have liked for Walther to have sold the ambidextrous model here in larger numbers.
For record's sake, some of us got lucky and picked up an ambi released P99 from the last batch of P99s that sweaty Ben at ClassicFirearms sold. I called because I noticed the video showed an ambi but wanted to be sure. Turns out it was a mix and I lucked out. I left it facing right for that reason. This was marked as imported by "FOXTROT" IIRC. Story goes it belonged to some Spanish civil guard, and not only was my P99 imported with an ambi slide release, it came with 100% genuine Spanish belly button lint and sweat. I've never been a high end whore before but I feel like the feeling of grossness and happiness at what I'm getting in exchange has to be damn similar.

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't understand what's all the hype about this gun. I bought mine P99AS back in October 2021 and I regret the purchase. It's not fun to shot. It's jumpy and the slide is very stiff. I would have sold it but the headache of selling a gun in NYC just isn't worth it.
I will be more than happy to buy your P99AS PM me. Thank you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
For record's sake, some of us got lucky and picked up an ambi released P99 from the last batch of P99s that sweaty Ben at ClassicFirearms sold. I called because I noticed the video showed an ambi but wanted to be sure. Turns out it was a mix and I lucked out. I left it facing right for that reason. This was marked as imported by "FOXTROT" IIRC. Story goes it belonged to some Spanish civil guard, and not only was my P99 imported with an ambi slide release, it came with 100% genuine Spanish belly button lint and sweat. I've never been a high end whore before but I feel like the feeling of grossness and happiness at what I'm getting in exchange has to be damn similar.

View attachment 104308
Oh man thats awesome, i never really had a chance to get the gen 1P99’s but been buying the gen 2’s since 2014 during my govvie days. Same with the PPQ M1. Had a nice hk collection but after time, testing on my own and with group i shifted and sold all my hks to just walther and glock. Irony we (group) like the m17 but noticed in snow the slide gets a little rusty in some spots and.

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
For record's sake, some of us got lucky and picked up an ambi released P99 from the last batch of P99s that sweaty Ben at ClassicFirearms sold.
I'm assuming sweaty Ben is Walther Forum member "Classicsportingguns". Is this correct?

That is interesting. I've never heard of Classic Firearms before, but I'm going to check them out and keep an eye out for them from now on. My concerns would be service though. I'd like to know if either Walther Arms will service Walther pistols imported by Classic Firearms, or if Classic Firearms would.

I left it facing right for that reason. This was marked as imported by "FOXTROT" IIRC.
Neither of the two P99 pistols facing right have import markings on the scallops on the slide. I'm curious where the import markings are on those pistols. I'm also curious why the P99 with the suppressor is the only one with the small backstrap. That one looks like it was carried and used a whole lot judging by the wear on the slide and barrel. Was this one also a Spanish civil guard pistol?

I've never been a high end whore before but I feel like the feeling of grossness and happiness at what I'm getting in exchange has to be damn similar.
The very first thing I do when purchasing a used pistol is a deep cleaning. Taking off the grossness, checking for wear, and checking for modifications are the reasons why.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
I'm assuming sweaty Ben is Walther Forum member "Classicsportingguns". Is this correct?
No. These are two separate entities.

I've never heard of Classic Firearms before, but I'm going to check them out and keep an eye out for them from now on.
I'm surprised you haven't heard of Classic Firearms before. They are very well known in the firearms industry and not in a good way. If you check out their YouTube channel you'll get an idea of what kind of business they run.

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
My mistake. Thank you for the clarification.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of Classic Firearms before. They are very well known in the firearms industry and not in a good way. If you check out their YouTube channel you'll get an idea of what kind of business they run.
I have never purchased any firearm from anywhere but a local shop or a gun show before. Personally, I like to buy locally if possible, and I've never had a firearm that I wanted that I couldn't purchase through a local shop at similar pricing.

Out of curiosity, I'll check out their YouTube channel later.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah it sucks that the ambi one cant come over here. I called earls before going to fort Benning and he said he could get anymore since of covid issues but yeah…. When it comes to online sellers sadly ive noticed it comes down to what the dealer wants and or sells most. Like buds, grabagun and such have brick and mortar spots. But some other dealers like walther like Shoot straight, they always have anything european in stock but not any us made ironically. Like i said in an earlier post, the tampa location actually has a P99 and black PPK that are in the counter at both locations.
The Tampa Shoot Straight has a LOT of hard-to-find stuff in stock, and they'll give you the online price for guns they sell at the brick-and-mortar location. They knocked $50 off the sticker price of a Ruger Redhawk I bought from them a few years ago, and I didn't even know they were going to do that. I just saw the gun in the case and had to buy it because it was one of the last ones made before Ruger went to the sleeve and shroud setup on their barrels.

I also saw a couple of PDPs in the case a few months ago selling at decent prices.

·
Registered
205 Posts

I've bought five rifles and a bunch of other stuff from Classic Firearms since I first discovered them in 2013, and I've never had an issue with them. They've always been great to deal with.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts