Walther Forums banner
61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Mine is incredibly accurate and shoots the fastest, most precise DA to SA double taps of any DA/SA gun I’ve tried. The trigger and overall feel of the gun is unlike anything else, in my opinion.

But, I agree—it is kinda snappy. I guess because it’s so light. It’s about the same weight as a PPK. The ergonomics are also… different. But it works. For me, anyway. The gun always shoots fantastically.
The 1mm trigger reset is also incredibly tactile. This makes the P99AS a breeze to 2x-3x tap and rapid fire. It's actually a shorter reset and lighter trigger break then my PPQ45. The PPQ has the slightest bit of 'take up' after the reset, the P99AS has nearly zero. This actually had me breaking the 2nd rd before the firearm was back on target. The wide trigger face makes a difference too.

I've removed all the snap from my P99AS.
Threaded barrel and compensator, rail adapter (frame weight), laser, and DPM progressive recoil system. These modifications have resulted in a gun that has only the slightest muzzle rise, and it naturally returns on target with a very comfortable light grip. I'm able to put 16rds in a sub 8" group (@ 7yds) in under five seconds.

The tax stamp for my suppressor can't come soon enough. Have the CAM-LOCs and Carry Comps installed.

Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

·
Registered
162 Posts
The 1mm trigger reset is also incredibly tactile. This makes the P99AS a breeze to 2x-3x tap and rapid fire. It's actually a shorter reset and lighter trigger break then my PPQ45. The PPQ has the slightest bit of 'take up' after the reset, the P99AS has nearly zero. This actually had me breaking the 2nd rd before the firearm was back on target. The wide trigger face makes a difference too.

I've removed all the snap from my P99AS.
Threaded barrel and compensator, rail adapter (frame weight), laser, and DPM progressive recoil system. These modifications have resulted in a gun that has only the slightest muzzle rise, and it naturally returns on target with a very comfortable light grip. I'm able to put 16rds in a sub 8" group (@ 7yds) in under five seconds.

The tax stamp for my suppressor can't come soon enough. Have the CAM-LOCs and Carry Comps installed.

View attachment 104272
Completely agree.

I can shoot my P99 incredibly fast, with a surprisingly high level of accuracy. That actually really surprised me—because the gun is so light and somewhat snappy.

To be honest, I hardly notice the snap. I grip it and start ripping off shots… what snap? The thing is a blast to shoot. And the light weight is an asset for carry.

I also find my P5 and P88 behave extremely well under rapid fire, with a minimal loss in accuracy. The Walther seem better than Sigs, Smiths and Berettas in that respect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As an importer of fine German guns, I see them from time, to time. Never have brought one in,but do import a lot of PP’s, and Walther KKJ Hornet rifles. I see P99 listed with some of the dealers I buy from, if I can help you out, contact me thru Classicsportingguns.com. In the process of buying another batch of guns from across the pond now, and perhaps can secure one for you.
Ill take a radom factory p99. Id bet we could do a group buy with other members on this forum. Im sure theres plenty of us that would be interested.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just saying most FFL’s dont post all their inventory on online systems. Hence example if anyone is interested when i went to socom in tampa, Both shoot straight gun shop locations had on there counters one black PPK and a new 2021 since of the box P99as. Give them a call if you're interested. It comes done to a matter of location and volume moving.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In dieter marschalls book, published in 2016, the rad pistol production started in 2008 and was on going through the time the book was published. While i thought i had seen previously that they only made them in qa and dao, the book states that it was agreed that they would be in as, qa, and dao.

edit to add: the book also states that poland from 2001-2005 purchased 10,000 walther/ulm made p99 as. Then from 2008, they used the FB made polish RAD p99 pistols- a total of more than 100,000 p99 as pistols in use by 2014.

Safe to say there are plenty of p99 rad pistols to be had

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
..........That finish is also ruined, proving a prior argument I had with someone that it is the Titanium version that spots too :)..........
I recall our discussion, not sure if that's the 'argument' you're referring too.
Having seen examples of both QPQ and Titanium P99s with pitting, I agree.

Here's a QPQ with pitting on the front and rear of the slide.......

The seller is calling it 'box wear'.

EDIT: Exceeded $2k. The Gen1s are pulling serious money.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Damn. That's a lot.

I bought my OD green Gen 1 for around $700 in late 2020. Close to mint condition. I figure that was a decent deal--especially since it was literally the day after I watched Tomorrow Never Dies.

I think I watched Underworld soon thereafter (she has two chrome-plated Gen 1 P99s in that).

But, for a gun that I bought more-or-less as a "cool to own" kind of a thing, I absolutely love the P99. It's one of the best shooting guns I own. Holds its own with my P88 and P5. It has one of the most unique--and most shootable--triggers I've experienced. And it carries pretty well, for its size.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ill take a radom factory p99. Id bet we could do a group buy with other members on this forum. Im sure theres plenty of us that would be interested.
Sorry for the delay in responding. That is not a bad idea, but where I need the groups help is, outside of PP’s, P38, P-08; I really don’t know what a reasonable resale price is on the 99, or what they are worth. Having said that, it is cheaper to import quantity. For example I have 70 guns under a current permit that I’m waiting on now from Germany, and in the process of buying another batch. Each time it averages about 3 month or so per batch. A lot of factors enrolled, but just a couple of firearms at a time is expensive. That is why I put together large batch’s. I can try to add some 99’s to the batch Im buying now, as a stock item for me, again I need to more about the value, and what folks would reasonably pay. Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sorry for the delay in responding. That is not a bad idea, but where I need the groups help is, outside of PP’s, P38, P-08; I really don’t know what a reasonable resale price is on the 99, or what they are worth. Having said that, it is cheaper to import quantity. For example I have 70 guns under a current permit that I’m waiting on now from Germany, and in the process of buying another batch. Each time it averages about 3 month or so per batch. A lot of factors enrolled, but just a couple of firearms at a time is expensive. That is why I put together large batch’s. I can try to add some 99’s to the batch Im buying now, as a stock item for me, again I need to more about the value, and what folks would reasonably pay. Thanks
Well... the going rate on a P99 these days is what... about $600-750? I know I paid $549 for the last one I bought, but that was several years ago now.

I may be misjudging the temperature of the room, but I suspect interest would wane pretty quickly at anything above $800.

Not sure what price you need to get to make this a worthwhile venture but at $600 you can sign me up. At $700 I'd still consider it but would need some additional time to think about it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Personally, im not interested in just another p99. Maybe in a year i might just to prove that i do, in fact have a problem. But an FB Radom P99 AS, $700 would be a good price. As long as it doesnt exceed $800, i woild be in And if its DAO, i would say, $600 would be the price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well... the going rate on a P99 these days is what... about $600-750? I know I paid $549 for the last one I bought, but that was several years ago now.

I may be misjudging the temperature of the room, but I suspect interest would wane pretty quickly at anything above $800.

Not sure what price you need to get to make this a worthwhile venture but at $600 you can sign me up. At $700 I'd still consider it but would need some additional time to think about it.

I call it German target match season, the 99’s are still very popular. Can’t get one here right now for 600, but maybe in time. The older guns I can get,and sell reasonable, like Browning FN 150’s, High Standard, Colt 1911, etc. I will be in Germany 2nd, week of September, will visit some dealers I know, and see if I can make a deal on some.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I call it German target match season, the 99’s are still very popular. Can’t get one here right now for 600, but maybe in time. The older guns I can get,and sell reasonable, like Browning FN 150’s, High Standard, Colt 1911, etc. I will be in Germany 2nd, week of September, will visit some dealers I know, and see if I can make a deal on some.
Just noticed a 9mm 99 on Gun Broker, 9 days left, 20 bids and it’s at nearly 1200.00. Would not interest me, but it certainly does someone.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Just noticed a 9mm 99 on Gun Broker, 9 days left, 20 bids and it’s at nearly 1200.00. Would not interest me, but it certainly does someone.
I, for one, can't understand why that pistol would go for more than half it's current bid. Almost have to question if the bidders are authentic.

Gun would appear to be produced in 2021~ so while it is nice and new it does have noticeable wear in addition to (IMO) a poorly applied grip tape kit. Not 100% sure but I think the grip tape looks sweat stained (it's being sold out of Florida - so I wouldn't doubt it)

If it were me I'd much rather have this SW99 9mm for $549 buy it now. (although it appears to come with a promag magazine.. yuck!)

Anyways. Very interesting to see the pricing on these things. Short supply really seems to be driving the prices up. (as well as inflation, I suppose)

If you end up being able to turn these for $1200 a pop that certainly seems like it could be lucrative, right? lol.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I, for one, can't understand why that pistol would go for more than half it's current bid. Almost have to question if the bidders are authentic.

Gun would appear to be produced in 2021~ so while it is nice and new it does have noticeable wear in addition to (IMO) a poorly applied grip tape kit. Not 100% sure but I think the grip tape looks sweat stained (it's being sold out of Florida - so I wouldn't doubt it)

If it were me I'd much rather have this SW99 9mm for $549 buy it now. (although it appears to come with a promag magazine.. yuck!)

Anyways. Very interesting to see the pricing on these things. Short supply really seems to be driving the prices up. (as well as inflation, I suppose)

If you end up being able to turn these for $1200 a pop that certainly seems like it could be lucrative, right? lol.
Is this really legit?
Heck, for that price I’d sell all of mine.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts