Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked about everyday on gun.deals for a P99 for maybe a year and a half(?) and not one has shown up. I'm well aware these come in waves, not streams.

However, given my dedication for wanting one with not luck, I counter Walther's Official response with: the P99 might be in production, but the importing is most certainly definitely dead.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I saw a post where someone was handling a P99AS with a CC (2022) date code.

I would expect to see some on GB real soon.

Guns.deals?
Try GB. Several NIB P99AS have been available in the past few months.

·
Registered
Walther P99 AS, SIG P210-2
2 Posts
Yes, that was my post. I had a P99 AS with production date CC in my hand last Friday and bought it, as I still have to do the legal paperwork it is still at the dealer. As soon as I have the gun I will post photos here on the forum. The official importer in Switzerland still has 3 pcs. P99 AS in stock at the moment, so even here in Switzerland the P99 AS is only available in very limited quantities and the few pieces are often sold out soon. I don't know Walther USA and their import strategy, but I hope that a few pieces will make it to the US.

Greetings from Switzerland

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've looked about everyday on gun.deals for a P99 for maybe a year and a half(?) and not one has shown up. I'm well aware these come in waves, not streams.

However, given my dedication for wanting one with not luck, I counter Walther's Official response with: the P99 might be in production, but the importing is most certainly definitely dead.
So glad I got mine back in the early 2000's. it's easily the best 9mm polymer pistol made. Walther diffently needs to increase production on this pistol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You could buy a Canik TP9DA which has reverted to DA/SA lockwork and is reportedly much nicer than Canik's original P99 clones.

And if you purchased a Canik clone, new P99s would immediately become available for others who want one. 😉

·
Registered
589 Posts
They come and then they go. Last batch does seem to have been snapped up. Going to have to wait for the next batch or get lucky on gunbroker.

If you're willing to compromise, battlehawkarmory has a used SW99 for under $400. I don't see any pics. They list 'excellent' condition but even if it's a little rough that is a nice price for the pistol

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wish they’d make the P99 (AS) system an option for the PDP and Q4. Especially the Q4–it’s already a boutique gun and a one-of-a-kind DA/SA trigger would make it even more special. Id totally buy one.

I honestly think the P99 might have most shootable DA trigger I’ve ever experienced. Though my well-used S&W 5906 is also a contender.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
As I said, they could well be in production, but as I said, importation into the US is officially dead according to my big desire to buy one cash in hand.
Maybe, Maybe not.

Have you tried contacting Walther in Germany and asking them directly?

My only issue here is that I've heard of discontinuation rumors since at least as far back as 2007. So far, all of these rumors have been untrue.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yep. And I have bought a few P99s. All while tracking the waves.

The 2021 wave never happened. There was no importation as far as gun.deals is concerned and knowing that gunbuyer is THE main US distributor of Walthers (ie, why they had the PPQ 5" models and variants that were exclusive to them and long before anyone had the slide cut and "regular" standard PPQ M2.

Not to be the authority, but it's dead to the US until proven otherwise. More than a year is longer than any previous understandings of P99 importation. I think referencing previous P99 importing is irrelevant after a year plus after no 2021 wave.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got mine March 2021. I had it on my want list at Bud's, and snapped it up. I did see some others being sold on GB about the same time. Heard later last year that Walther was discontinuing production.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Also wanted to mention per the firearm stores in North Germany, the P99 is alive and well. In the us are only going to be getting small batches yearly batches. So if you see one get it since might be awhile. Pdp production is just going to be geared for us more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called Walther Customer Service sometime in March and the rep told me that the p99 has been discontinued. He said they have enough spare parts to last 3-5 years though.

I also asked about the PPQ45 and he said they are still being produced but sparingly.

edit- I did purchase a brand new p99 AS early this year with a “CB” on the slide

·
Registered
46 Posts
Shoot!!! It took me 4 years to finally get my hands on my P99c in 9mm!!!! I could find .40 all day. After I finally got it I started seeing them in my LGS. Such a GREAT pistol!!!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts