Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working towards this for a while. I recently ordered a barrel, and thought it was supposed to be a Jarvis. When it showed up, It was a factory barrel with a TROS thread adapter. I don't have a warm fuzzy about the adapter, and gemtech doesn't recommend it either, so I ordered a new piston for my LID that has the funky german theads. I've only fired two 9mm rounds through it (and one .22). Can't wait to get to the range and give it a workout.

Shown here with my sons P22.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Nice looking.. I can't wait to do that on mine....
I do have a barrel already...

I dig your serial # that is just tooo cool
and yes keep us updated on how the can works...

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
How do the sights work with the can on the P99....
doesn't look like there is much clearance left to get a sight picture??

The factory barrel is $400 from Earl's

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have seen factory barrel floating around for 200-300. Being that he thought his was going to be a Jarivs I think he might have found a deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The serial number is photoshopped :)

I paid $300 for the barrel/adapter, but again, it wasn't what I thought I was going to get. I'm over it, though, and happy with the factory barrel. Another $60 to Gemtech, and I'll have the right piston for the LID on the Trinity and be good to go without the adapter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice setup, I'm really looking forward to the range report. Do all P99s require a recoil regulator for reliable function? I'm thinking about going down the same road and might have AWC build a titanium can for a P99 I'm looking into buying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still haven't made it to the range, gonna wait for the metric piston for the LID before shooting it. Late next week, I expect.

Forgot to answer above, the sights do not clear the can, but it's pretty easy to line everything up in spite of that fact.

The trinity is very modular, but I don't know if I'll throw down the extra cash for the metric adapter to take the LID off and run the can on the P99 without it. By nature of the browning style action, I doubt it would work (most others of similar construction wont). Maybe a very light weight supressor would work, but I don't know. Outside my area of expertise. Doc Dater from Gemtech said he did not know if it would work without the LID.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I have not much knowledge about cans....
but FWIW there is a red recoil spring (reduced power) for the use with cans....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts