Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the titanium slide P99 gets alot of screen time in the new movie Underworld. I didnt care much for the movie, but just entertaining I guess to see the P99..............sorta like the ONE screen shot it was in in the Matrix Reloaded..........

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed that also when I saw the movie last night. It was pretty neat since I had just gotten out of the range

Now I must buy a titanium slide

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Not to be picky but they were the QPQ P99s wielded by the lovely Kate Beckinsale. You can tell they are QPQ P99s because they had the roll-mark engraved P99 rather than the lasered P99 of the Titanium. They also sported the BA6 Laser unit, although she never seemed to use the laser at all.

Some standard Blue P99s were also seen as well as HK USP Match 9mms.

Good movie for guns and scenery, so-so on the story.

James

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was considering a titanium coated p99. i guess it's good for display coz the paint on some of the titanium coated p99 that i've seen chipped and i know as my first pistol, it will be used up so i got the blue instead.

-j

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Actually, now this is speaking from my own experience, it's some kind of plastic coating on top of the finish. I noticed it too the first time I took it shoot and cleaned it. The stuff was rubbing off, making it LOOk like it was flaking.

I figured out using a rubber eraser and removing this "coating", made the pistol look better, and it has been very rugged since. Shot it in a match and carry it in my truck every day.

YMMV.

James

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
WOW, not that would be a rare bird indeed as it's the first and only one I've seen. Even the Walther press announcement picture has all lasered markings. I got one of the first Titaniums in the USA from Val Shanahan - Gulfstream Sports when he got the first ones.

I wonder whose that is? OR, it could be some photoshop trickery, who knows.

If anyone else out there has a roll marked Titanium, I'd love to see a pic of it.

James

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Interesting. Maybe Walther has gone back to roll-marking slides, at least for some of the P99s

As for Kate's pistols, I just wish people would quit calling them "stainless"

James

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dunno.

My QA has a roll-marked slide, and I was under the impression before I bought it that they were all laser-marked. I asked around and no one was able to give an answer on that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My QA has a roll-marked slide, and I was under the impression before I bought it that they were all laser-marked.
Wow! That's a first. Never heard of or seen a QA with a roll-marked slide. Can you post pics? Also, whats the date code on yours. Mine is AB and is lasered.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Saw several of those Titanium P-99s at Saxet gun show in San Antonio this weekend. They were going for $575.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts