Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used the really expensive airsoft versions of the p99. I was thinking about training tools, and maruzen has what seems to be a good practice weapon. I have also seen simunition conversions, but I don't know if civilians can buy them.

I even saw that they have a good version of the p99 C

Let me know if anyone has used them
The airsofts I am refering to are more of the 100$+ range.

Wagemage Out

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Only read about them myself. P99 has a good write up but the only drawback I see is that the Maruzen does not make an aftermarket metal slide upgrade.

Except for making sure that you don't get the wrong gas(green or red, I can't remember) it should be good to go...

I have the spring powered airsoft for fun and I shoot the cp99 in the back yard. I too have thought of the Maruzen but it is either that or the Bullite laser for practice. After getting a P5 I am undecided and will wait and see.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wouldnt use those for "training tools". They're too inaccurate and most of the features you would find on a real P99 aren't there. If u want something for training... get a CO2 gun or something. I am experiensed in airsoft and i play about every other weekend. I own a Crosman CO2 PPK/S. Its pretty accurate. But.. since you like the P99C, here is a CO2 P99C. http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1294 hope that gets ya wat ya want.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are all the same features on the CO2 versions? And what would be different from airsoft v. CO2? The reason I was leaning towards airsoft is that they are designed to be shot at people without hurting them too bad. Additionally the airsoft I have shot pretty accurate in the less then 30 feet range. I figured that because you can practice against an "attacker" and not worry about really hurting them, that it would be effetive at learning exactly what it is like in a close fight. I would love to get simunition for this sort of thing, but like I said earlier, I don't believe civilians have access to that. Am I off base here or what. Don't get me wrong, I would not mind the CO2 version, but as I don't know if I feel safe training with those as much.
Wagemage

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well I can't answer for the Airsoft but the CP99 will fire DA and a modified SA mode. Modified in that you rack the slide like the real thing and it sets the trigger in SA. It has an 8-shot rotary clip and the decocker works too. It is accurate for backyard distances.

As for having "life-like" shoot-outs, well then you will have to go the Airsoft route.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jake, is the cp99 full metal, and actual size, so it fits into clips correctly? Maybe a bit of both is the best thing one could do. Practice some shooting techniques in the backyard and some with people. How many shots do you get out of one CO2 cartridge BTW? And where is a reasonable place to buy them?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The slide is two-piece metal. When you hit the slide stop the front half moves forward in the direction of the muzzle exposing the chamber where you place the rotary clip. The rear half of the slide can be racked putting the pistol into SA mode.

The frame is plastic just like the original. Mag release the same and it releases the mag which stores the CO2 cylinder. I can not honestly say how many shots per cartridge. Never counted.

The frame is a little odd. It has the straight front of the 2nd generation models with the Weaver equipment rails. But the trigger guard is that of the 1st generation with the hook front and trigger guard hump. The pistol will fit any holster that I have for my real pistols except my Fobus. Evidently Weaver rail and old-style trigger guard doesn't match. It will go into the Fobus but it will not lock in place.

A reasonable place to buy them? Do you mean the CP99 or the CO2 Cartridges? Either way I get a box of 25 CO2's at Walmart for about fifteen dollars. I bought the CP99 at a local gun shop and got a good price. Otherwise I use Compasseco Inc. Not far from where I live. Check out www.compasseco.com They have a full size for $139 and the compact for $75.

JK STRR

·
Registered
197 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wagemage @ April 24 2006,2:31)]Are all the same features on the CO2 versions? And what would be different from airsoft v. CO2?   The reason I was leaning towards airsoft is that they are designed to be shot at people without hurting them too bad. Additionally the airsoft I have shot pretty accurate in the less then 30 feet range. I figured that because you can practice against an "attacker" and not worry about really hurting them, that it would be effetive at learning exactly what it is like in a close fight. I would love to get simunition for this sort of thing, but like I said earlier, I don't believe civilians have access to that. Am I off base here or what. Don't get me wrong, I would not mind the CO2 version, but as I don't know if I feel safe training with those as much.
Wagemage
well... just do wat ya want. Airsoft just isnt too accurate. Airsoft was ment for 1 purpose. 1. to shoot people. 2. to have fully automatic guns. well... in my eyes thats wat its for.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I want is simple, realistic practice that is practicle and applicable. I see airsoft as another tool for that. Mostly because I don't beleive I can get simunition. If I am wrong let me kwow. Does anyone know if you can get it in the public sector?
Wagemage:D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've got a really cheap one that I picked up at a gun show for $10. It's not a blow back, just a spring type model. But I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate it was out to 10 yards. Makes good for practicing quick draws and getting rid of cats in my back yard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have one of these:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ReviewDetail?reviewID=71
It's a pre-2004 9mm AS replica.

The good:
- Size, shape, and looks are very accurate; it fits perfectly into my Blade-Tech holster.
- All the controls are present and have the same functionality: the slide feeds the bb's from the magazine into the chamber, slide catch lever, DA/SA (and safe-action) trigger, mag release, decocker, and cocking indicator all function.
- I think accuracy indoors is about 2in at 7yrds.

The bad:
- Weight is a little low and weight distribution is biased to the handle/magazine instead of the slide.
- Though all the controls are present and functional they all feel different; in general they are much lighter than the real thing, and the DA trigger stacks considerably.
- It shoots very high, so I must sight very low to be accurate.

There are two more review about half way down this page:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/reviews/rev_pistols.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts