Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to gun care.  Got a handy OTIS kit that comes with "militek" (s/p?).  I put a couple drops on each side of the slide where it contacts the frame, and a single drop on the outside of the barrel.  Any more I need or did I already over do it??

·
Registered
24 Posts
There have been a couple of posts about this but I do exactly the same but also add a little lube to the barrel hood.

The SW99 manual also has a lubrication diagram.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (AVO @ June 24 2004,7:54)]The SW99 manual also has a lubrication diagram.
Mone dosn't have one
Do you know if there's a diagram online or something? I downloaded the one from their website, but I don't see it there either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mhmm, yea I downloaded the online version (pdf format) and I believe it was under care and maintenance or cleaning...

I'm not at my computer right now or I would post the link but if you have the official manual I know for a fact it is in there.

Probably a silly question but did you get the Smith & Wesson 99 manual or the Walther one? Only the SW99 manual has the diagram.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Avo is right in htat you want to add a drop to the barrel hood, just in fromt of the chamber. One other place I lube after each cleaning is a drop in the hammer to keep the linkage well oiled.

..Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts