Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just returned from the range and had a good time. I took a P22, P99 and a P99c and fired a couple of hundred rounds. This was also the first time that I got to use my new compact grip extension. Now here is my observation: My full size and compact are both spot on. The compact is surprisingly good. But when I used the mag with the grip extension I found my shots high and a tad to the right, like I was heeling the pistol. Now I am sure that it was just me but I was some curious that after switching around mags it seemed that it was only when I used the grip extension that I was consistently shooting high and right. My grip is the same but the results did vary. I am going to have to go back to the range next week and try this again but I am just throwing this observation out there and was looking for some input. Do you think that a fully loaded hi-cap mag would act as a counter weight that would through the balance off? I am curious if any other grip extension owners have noticed any difference.

Ahh, I am sure it is just me…this will just give me another excuse to go shooting again, soon…like I really needed a reason.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Never shot with an extension before Jake so I can't speak from experience. But I do wonder if maybe when you shoot, the gun moves more under recoil than normal, being that a good part of your grip is now on the extension?

·
Patron
212 Posts
Anytime you change anything on a handgun relating to it's weight, weight distribution or how you hold it, the point of impact will change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Adding the extension changes your grip on the gun just enough to change where the rounds impact on the target. The same thing would happen if you had the extension on to begin with and then took it off, your impacts would most likely be low left in that case. I would say that you should go back to the range and fire 4 good 3 shot groups. If all are consistantly high and right, resight your pistol to bring it back into the center.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Well, I'm taking my to the range tomorrow morning - for my 1st chance to try out the sleeve. I'll let U know how it works.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I shot mine w/ the sleeve today. Obviously, it still kicks more than the fullsize, but I like it.

I was trying to put off taking my asthma medicine until after I got back, because it makes my hands shake for a few hours . Unfortunately, I wasn't able to, and I had to take it right before I left.

So, my groups were not as tight as I liked.

But I did this at 7 yards. Not bad w/ the sleeve...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good job Shipwreck...I will take mine out again this week and give it another go and see what I find out....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts