Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing and found a German site that gives rather opinionated reviews of all types of firearm and more.  He had this little sentence that had me wondering:  "The latest creation of Walther's is the P99. A lousy German/Japanese effort at producing a "modern" pistol."  What is this all about?
http://home.t-online.de/home/v.huels/nasty.htm

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You'll notice that he also states: "Walther was sold lock stock and barrel to the Japanese. (UMAREK). "

It's obvious to me that he hasn't a clue as to what he's talking about. Especially because UMAREX is a German company.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This guy is at best clueless. At worst he is dangerous. Some examples:

Beretta - Saturday night specials better suited to drive by shootings than military use. Referring to the 92F.

Bren Ten - several misspellings. He claims MegGar got stuck with a bunch of mags. This should be a surprise to Bren collectors as most of the guns were shipped without mags and there are none to be found.

Colt - out of business, criminals, makers of junk? This one I don't have to explain.

HK - the P7 is an oxymoron?

Glocks - throw away guns good for just over 10K rounds?

Sigs - Poor handling and inaccurate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It was hard to figure what in the world this guy thought as a useful firearm. If you thought his comments about firearms were not very intellegent, do not bother to read his view of politics. I am a very satisfied owner of a P99, HP and Rugers. Again, thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts